cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hatch Trim

paulfredricks
Explorer
Explorer
The trim around the hatches on our 2004 Travelstar hybrid are looking pretty bad, and I haven't been able to get them clean. The thought is to replace the stripping, but I can't seem to find what I need. I hope it's still available.

Here is a picture of one of the hatches, and a side look at the trim. Any ideas where I can find it, or how I can make it look like new again?
2004 Starcraft 215SSO
2014 GMC Yukon XL Denali
8 REPLIES 8

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
I thought that looked odd.

Mine definitely has the screws UNDER the screw cover.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

paulfredricks
Explorer
Explorer
Since I now know that it's called screw cover, I assume that it shouldn't have any screws showing which mine does. So I've decided to replace it. Should make a big difference in the look. Thanks all!
2004 Starcraft 215SSO
2014 GMC Yukon XL Denali

Jetta03
Explorer
Explorer
I have similar stuff around our door and when I couldn't find it at the local rv shop I tried a mr clean magic eraser. Cleaned it up like new.

paulfredricks
Explorer
Explorer
Screw cover! Those are the magic words I was looking for. Google it and there it is! Thank you!

http://www.amazon.com/Narrow-Marine-Camper-Insert-Cover-Polar/dp/B008I62UE2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1459214325&sr=8-4&keywords=rv+screw+cover
2004 Starcraft 215SSO
2014 GMC Yukon XL Denali

Baidy
Explorer
Explorer
drenjoey wrote:
When I had my Travelstar, I used Clorox bleach in spray. Sprayed it on and waited.....then wiped it down ! Another product I use was called Awesome (Family dollar) ....did a good job too !

It's called screw cover. Take a sample to your dealer because there's several different sizes. He should have it in stock.

paulfredricks
Explorer
Explorer
I'll try those ideas. I'm in CT too (Bethel) so I'm not too far away. I'll try the bleach spray first.

Thanks!
2004 Starcraft 215SSO
2014 GMC Yukon XL Denali

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar problem with the trim on my old Aerolite TT. once or twice a year I would also: spray, wait , brush and rinse. Repeating sometimes also.

This is what I used http://www.starbrite.com/item/mildew-stain-remover?category_id=570

In my neck of the woods, hemlock Hill rv, Southington, Ct sells it and maybe Van's rv in South Windsor

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer
When I had my Travelstar, I used Clorox bleach in spray. Sprayed it on and waited.....then wiped it down ! Another product I use was called Awesome (Family dollar) ....did a good job too !