cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hershey PA RV Show "The Worlds Largest RV Show"-Who's going?

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
This is one of those "I wish I could go" type of things, but wow, they're about as far from me as you can get via dry land.

I heard every major TC vendor will be there, I got an email saying Torklift is going all the way from here in PNW to there giving away freebees and coopins (Coopins - A subtle nod to Ron White). Love to get my hands on some of those coopins!

I'd love to see a trip report from someone who's going. It is being touted as the 'The Worlds Largest RV Show"...Sept. 14-18
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo
14 REPLIES 14

Boatycall wrote:

I'd love to see a trip report from someone who's going. It is being touted as the 'The Worlds Largest RV Show"...Sept. 14-18

It's become the largest show. Especially in terms of sales according to manufacturers and dealers. They sell more RVs during Hershey than Pomona and Tampa shows combined. The reason they bring so many.

I have reservations for 2 nights at Hershey. Though still have to see if I can break away. Just about a 2-hour trip for me in any case.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Boatycall wrote:
This is one of those "I wish I could go" type of things, but wow, they're about as far from me as you can get via dry land.

DItto.

If I leave now, I'd get there by the 14th.
Bob

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
Last year I saw Lance, but because truck campers are so small, it was a zoo trying to even get into them as they were full of people (who had no interest in buying a truck camper)
I think I saw Lance and Palamino on the list this year.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

BillL1356
Explorer
Explorer
May run up to the show as it is only 4 miles from the house. Although, if it's hot I will probably pass. Go early to avoid the parking hassle. I have passed by the show grounds a few time in the last couple of days and have not seen any truck campers, doesn't mean they aren't there though.

sbryan
Explorer II
Explorer II
PAThwacker wrote:
I used to go in the past. I never saw truck campers there.

Last year there were a few TC's at the show. I don't recall the mfg's but there was a section with perhaps 10-15 TCs. Not more than you would find at TCW or another large TC dealer, but at least there was a small contingent. You had to be looking for them.
Shawn
2013 Ford F350 6.7 CCLB Ruby Red SRW, sway bar, Bilsteins, etc
2007 Cyclone toyhauler, 18,000 GVWR
Northstar Igloo 9.5
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-2J3zF6J/0/M/i-2J3zF6J-M.jpg
US Army retired

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
I used to go in the past. I never saw truck campers there.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

Hawk7
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I are going. We bought our current RV there last year. After trading in the one we bought the previous year there from the same dealer. We love the RV we have now so we are going to just look and take some friends that are wanting to get into the lifestyle. We live about an hour away.
2015 Skyline Dart 214BH Traded in for 2016.5 Skyline Javelin 285rb
2011 Ford F150 Lariat Ecoboost Super Crew

97chevor
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know I think the time to buy is fall to mid winter. The dealers peak sales is after the snow melts.

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
There are two ways to do the Hershey show.
First make it your destination. Go early to beat the crowds and spend all day there. Do this on a week day. It helps to do your homework and know what you are interested in. It would take days to go in and out of every unit.
Second is to get there in the afternoon as all the early birds are leaving. See what you can before closing. Spend the next day visiting other Hershey attractions and go back to the show that evening to see more or revisit anything of interest. Again do this on two weekdays.

Avoid the weekends to avoid the large crowds. Also all "show specials" are not all that special. Again, do your homework on prices before you get there.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

sbryan
Explorer II
Explorer II
We went last year and will not be going this year. You really need to know what you want to focus on before you go. It is huge - we had a list of 5-6 brands we were interested in on the first day and then really narrowed down to one or two the second day. First day was semi-focused, second day was very focused. Lots of opportunity to spend big $$$ if you're serious about buying. Some good deals, some not so good. Great place to compare units side by side.

And the crowds! And the parking lot!!! I'd say it is worth a trip once in a while but no way I'd go every year.
Shawn
2013 Ford F350 6.7 CCLB Ruby Red SRW, sway bar, Bilsteins, etc
2007 Cyclone toyhauler, 18,000 GVWR
Northstar Igloo 9.5
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-2J3zF6J/0/M/i-2J3zF6J-M.jpg
US Army retired

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
I'd love to go (and it's only about a 90 minute drive), but we're already going to a festival in the area on the same weekend. DW said we can't do both.
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

97chevor
Explorer
Explorer
Delivered a Wildwood Heritage Glen to the show Monday.

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
I live an hour away and will be avoiding the area like the plague.
no easy way into, out of or around Hershey. as close as I plan on being is the PA turnpike.

We were there last year. I think it took 1.5 hour to park AFTER we were in Hershey area. The show is overwhelming. I went to view specific RV's but most people want to walk through every RV. You get to here them criticizing everything as they let there kids run wild.
Yes I guess i am am getting old.

but my trade (delamanated 2011 Open Range 5er) is worthless :(, so no sense in putting up with the crowds.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be going. But, it's not much of a trip for us.
We live about an hour away. ๐Ÿ™‚