cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you pack/store your clotehs in your HTT?

hybridnewbies
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having trouble figuring out where or how or what to pack our clothes in our Zeppelin II EZ190 Hybrid TT. We are family of 4- two adults and two boys ages 7 and 5. Just wondering if anyone found a great solution!

and where do you store extra shoes?

how do you deal with shoes off in the camper- where do you put them for on and off?
18 REPLIES 18

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
We are a family of six. Each person gets a drawer which stack on top of each other taking up all but about 6 inch's of the closet width.We all pack our own except for our four year old. We all unpack our own. Problem solved.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
3LittleDucks wrote:
We also have the 2 shoe rule now, still seems like a lot with 5 of us but it helps. I really like the table idea with outside totes. We're taking our first 'long' trip soon (10-14 days) so will have to pack more carefully.

Our totes with food (packaged, not animal attracting) and other items we need to find easily are in the clear totes. Just keep in mind they are not nearly as durable as actual blue/gray rubbermaid totes.

3LittleDucks
Explorer
Explorer
We also have the 2 shoe rule now, still seems like a lot with 5 of us but it helps. I really like the table idea with outside totes. We're taking our first 'long' trip soon (10-14 days) so will have to pack more carefully.
2008 Nissan Armada TV
2007 Trail Cruiser 21RBH HTT

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
Two pair of shoes per person, maximum. One pair of sandals for around the rv outside. One pair of tennis shoes/hikers for everywhere else. They all stay on a mat outside the door.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
Our unit has a 30 gallon fw tank under the dinette, and has water heater under the other side of the dinette. The only water lines exposed are the low point drain and fw drain.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer

We have 4 bins under the front bench. Three small bins and area for diapers, bag, and others under the side bunk. The kids shoes go on top of the wheel well, and our shoes go into a bin under the front bench. Dirty clothes go into a collapsible bin on the upper bunk. Our unit may be awkward but rocks!

The kids toys go in the alleged tv cabs at the foot of the bunk beds. Those coffins have windows that open to lower the misery. I have slept out there in the winter to test it for hunting season. No problems sleeping back there and having the bunks closed up.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

jjlhampton
Explorer
Explorer
We added a 2 drawer plastic unit in our wardrobe closet. One is for my 7 and 4 year old and the other for my wife and I. We then added 2 shelves above it for towels, coats, and sweatshirts.

For shoes, we have a small storage under our back bunk. I took out the inner wall partition to increase the space and then cut a couple of boards to make small shelves. We can cram all types of shoes, slippers, and sandals in there.

I'm always looking for extra space in cabinets that have the partions in them that do relatively nothing.

RandK-M
Explorer
Explorer
go wild wrote:
No closets or drawers in our small HTT. we use 1 small duffle/gym bag per person. Plus a clear plastic tote for extra jackets, rain boots, etc. For kids shoes, we have this shoe bin from IKEA that sits near the door.

shoe bin

We have the same trailer. I cut door openings on the end of each of the two dinette benches and made oak cabinet doors for them.
It's only the two of us, but my wife and I each have one of the "new" bench cabinets for our clothes storage. It works out to be plenty for us.

Here's a picture:

Ray
Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
go wild wrote:
we use 1 small duffle/gym bag per person. Plus a clear plastic tote for extra jackets, rain boots, etc. For kids shoes, we have this shoe bin from IKEA that sits near the door.

Pretty close to what we do. Suitcase/duffle for clothes. Plastic tote for extra 'stuff' of all sorts goes outside under camper or under table in screen room. Extra shoes outside on the doormat on the awning mat, under the awning, unless it is going to rain, then the hiking boots and leather sandals either come inside or in the screen room or TV.

We've reduced what we take this year, eliminating 2 totes, but we still take lots of 'stuff' 😉

First day we just show up and basic setup, leave clothes and such in TV. Next morning we often do a lazy start and bring in the bag and shoes.

We bring two of these: Folding table

They are light, don't care about rain, wipe off easily, and the 5' ones store nicely in the back of our HTT. Totes fit underneath.

kc5frp
Explorer
Explorer
For shoes, I attached an over-the-door canvas shoe organizer to the cabinet immediately inside the door. It fits the kids' (boys age 4 and 6) shoes perfectly. It won't fit my shoes or my wife's, except for flip flops, so those end up in the cabinet under the bunk or in the truck.

For clothes, I haven't done it yet, but I plan to try what was suggested in this post on another forum, building a shelf that hovers over our feet at the end of the bunk, and then letting each family member have a plastic tub for their clothes.

At present, we each pack a duffle bag and store them in the cabinet we have at the front of our 21SS. Problem is the cabinet is the full width of the camper, but only has two doors in the center. It can be hard to find anything.

EDIT: Fixed (?) image link.
Me and DW (both '79)
DS #1 ('07)
DS #2 ('09)
DD #1 ('13)
2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/factory Tow Package
2009 Shamrock 21SS

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
As already stated, its going to depend a lot on what storage is available to you.

Our old, smaller HTT had a nice wardrobe closet. We put shelves in half of it and had plenty of room for two people. Our new HTT has a really small wardrobe closet which is only big enough for a handful of jackets and coats. For the rest of the clothing we use the cabinets above our couch/slide out.
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

go_wild
Explorer
Explorer
No closets or drawers in our small HTT. we use 1 small duffle/gym bag per person. Plus a clear plastic tote for extra jackets, rain boots, etc. For kids shoes, we have this shoe bin from IKEA that sits near the door.

shoe bin
2007 Jeep Commander 4X4 HEMI
2010 Jayco 17Z

3LittleDucks
Explorer
Explorer
We have 3 (or 4?) plastic drawers in the closet, and I keep mine in a small duffle bag that I keep inside a low laundry basket in the bathtub. Handy to have the laundry basket for everyone's use.
2008 Nissan Armada TV
2007 Trail Cruiser 21RBH HTT

Hoosierdaddy47
Explorer
Explorer
We cram ours into the dumb little so-called wardrobe that's only 3 feet tall. The kids keep theirs in gym bags on their bunks.
2004 Antigua 215 SB
2006 Durango Adventurer Hemi
Tekonsha Prodigy P3
DW-Indeterminate age
DD-16
DS-13
Olivia-Torkie
Balthazar-Italian Greyhound
Check my group (NOT page!) on Facebook-Hybrid Travel Trailer Camping