cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I need a new truck Dodge, Ford or Chev ????

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I need a new truck. I am think about either a Ram 1500 or a Chev. Do I have any "Friends or Family" that can help me out with a "family" discount. Please PM me.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
30 REPLIES 30

waynec1957
Explorer
Explorer
TenOC wrote:
This was NOT a request for "which is best" It is a request for a "Friend" discount number. I think each brand has its advantages and disadvantages. I will purchase based on price ALONE.

I thought you were kidding at first. I don't know how Ford or Chrysler works, but active GM employees doing what you're asking can be terminated and/or banned from the program. Retirees can also be banned.
2013 Chevy Sliverado 2500 HD LS Crew Cab
Duramax/Allison, HD Tow Package, GCWR 24,500

2017 KZ Sportsmen S330 IK

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
djgarcia wrote:

So what you plan on using the truck for is immaterial???????? Sounds like you have already addressed this question but just haven't shared it on the RV.net forum.

I think that all three truck manufactures make a truck that will tow a TT. Otherwise, they would be out of business, and all of us RV's would be driving the same brand.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
This was NOT a request for "which is best" It is a request for a "Friend" discount number. I think each brand has its advantages and disadvantages. I will purchase based on price ALONE.

So what you plan on using the truck for is immaterial???????? Sounds like you have already addressed this question but just haven't shared it on the RV.net forum.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Can't help with the discount, My X plan discount is not shareable. In the end they are all good.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
Get the Ram 1500 Diesel. Gets almost 30 MPG when not towing....plenty of torque. Make sure you get 3:73 or 4:10 gears for towing...
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
This question reminds me of the question "How long should a man's legs be":):) Answer, "long enough to touch the ground:):)
Before I would offer an opinion on which truck to buy, I would ask "what do you plan to use the truck for??? If the answer has any connection to towing an RV around the 8K lbs. or above, I would narrow my search to at least a 3/4 ton truck and a diesel engine. I drive a 3500 Dodge 1 ton diesel with 6 spd. manual tranny towing a 14K 5th. wheel. That would be my recommendation or opinion. Options i suggest, replace the original fuel tank with at least a 60 gal. tank, install an exhaust brake.
Just my 2 cents worth:)

waynec1957
Explorer
Explorer
Google "chevy truck current rebates" and see what they're offering in your area. Here real soon you should see some pretty good rebated on 2014 trucks.

I bought my 2013 last November and got $7,500 in rebates ON TOP OF my GM retiree discount. GM extended who can get "family discounts" last year so it's possible you might get lucky.
2013 Chevy Sliverado 2500 HD LS Crew Cab
Duramax/Allison, HD Tow Package, GCWR 24,500

2017 KZ Sportsmen S330 IK

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Chevy/GMC,,,,,,"second to none" Sold my Ford,Own a Silverado,BEST move I have made. being happy with your purchase is #1!!

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
See if you can still find a 2013 that works for you.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

Mvander
Explorer
Explorer
Round here the fords seem to be the best value plus you dont need to buy all the frills to get the good towing stuff if you dont want too.
55 FEET OF FAMILY FUN!
2014 F150 HD
2015 Grey Wolf 29DSFB

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
Check with Dave Smith Motors or Dennis Dillon Ram, very aggressive pricing!
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe
2012 Toyota Highlander

bob2194
Explorer
Explorer
Well I like the Fords, Have not had any problems since 1982. Tows really well. If you want a great 1/2 ton go with the ford ecoboost. I am sure someone will tell you the chevy and GMC is the best, here soon :-).
You will have to research and figure out what is GOOD for you. Its easier when you already know what trailer you want, then pick the truck that will fit it.
20 year U.S Army veteran and still serving. Vehicle inspector (ARMY)
2018 Radiance 28QB pulled by 2018 F250 STX 6.2 Gasser
Equal-i-zer Hitch

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad

Travel Photos

Seattle_Lion
Explorer
Explorer
I like Fords. We have a new F350 and love it. Without any special discount, our dealer offered 12,500 off the sticker.
2014 Heartland Bighorn 3160 Elite
2014 Ford F350 diesel, 4x4, SRW, crew cab, short bed

Happily camping with my wonderful wife Bobsgirl and our timid golden retriever Daisy Sweetpuppy

Life's a journey. Make it fun!

our new blog

eluwak
Explorer
Explorer
Tacoma
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 CC LB 6.0L
1998 Chevy C2500 Suburban 454 3.73 (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 EB CC 4x4 w/Max Tow (Sold) ๐Ÿ˜ž
2013 North Trail 28BRS