cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the Market for a New Trailer

DB_Cooper
Explorer
Explorer
After 11 years of adventures, we decided to sell our 2008 30' Tahoe TH for something a little smaller and less dated. So far we are liking the floor plans with the opposing slides and bunks. Specifically:

- Heartland Wilderness 2375BH
- Forest River Vibe 257DBI
- Coachmen Apex 259BHSS

I would love to hear any experiences with these models or suggestions for others. We like the rear bathrooms with a door to the outside and are trying to keep in under 28 feet.

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

DB_Cooper
Explorer
Explorer
36guy wrote:
We just bought an Imagine by Grand Design, 29 feet, awesome unit. All led lighting, solar port hookup outside for your panel, prewired for a backup camera, 3 year warranty, 5 year tire warranty, 5 year axle warranty, I can find no flaws in the construction, tpo roof, I went from an 05 cougar fifth which we bought new and had for 13 years, to this Imagine bumper pull, which I expect to own for 13 more years. The quality of the Imagine far exceeds my cougar in just about every way, I urge you to look at them.
I haven't walked through any of these but the 2400BH would probably work for use. 2400BH We have an RV show next month - I'll have to check them out. Thanks.

36guy
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought an Imagine by Grand Design, 29 feet, awesome unit. All led lighting, solar port hookup outside for your panel, prewired for a backup camera, 3 year warranty, 5 year tire warranty, 5 year axle warranty, I can find no flaws in the construction, tpo roof, I went from an 05 cougar fifth which we bought new and had for 13 years, to this Imagine bumper pull, which I expect to own for 13 more years. The quality of the Imagine far exceeds my cougar in just about every way, I urge you to look at them.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
donn0128 wrote:
Lance or one of Northwoods or OutdoorRV offerings would be my choice. If for some reason you dont want to support local manufacturers, then Heartland would be your next best choice.

Ditto.

And Northwood (Arctic Fox / Nash) and ORV (Outdoors RV) are both built in LaGrande, OR

OP: I love your screen name. 🙂
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

badsix
Explorer
Explorer
With the money you had when you bailed out of the plane I wouldn't worry, buy anything you want. we looked at a few double slide and liked them. ended up buying used with one 16 ft slide. I really like the added room with a slide or slides
Jay D.

Cannondale61
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Wilderness 2875BH that is four years old. Had been no issues to last outing when slide drive failed been a month getting warrenty authorization and parts ordered but I had also told them to take care of those headed out for Labor day and look at mine after so lost a week there. As with anything has had some quirks but overall would look at a Wilderness again.

The rear bathroom door is nice just use WD40 on pivot points because road water debris hits front pivot points making them sticky nature of the beast.

The wide track wheel base is unsettling at first but I have seen no issues on pre-tow inspection of suspension.
Wilderness 2875BH

Bill57
Explorer
Explorer
I'm also looking for a new trailer. So far we've found an Aspen Trail, Avenger ATI, a Hideout and a Springdale that has the right layout. I keep reading that those are entry level trailers. What is the level above "entry level" and is there a website or information that identifies the next level above "entry level"? Our current trailer is a 09 Jayflight.

DB_Cooper
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Lance or one of Northwoods or OutdoorRV offerings would be my choice. If for some reason you dont want to support local manufacturers, then Heartland would be your next best choice.

I would prefer to buy a trailer manufactured locally if they have the floor plan we're looking for.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II