cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there a high end TT other than Airstream?

katoomer
Explorer
Explorer
Kids are grown and I'm getting tired of driving a 40' motorhome. I would love to get an Airstream but the DW loves her slide outs (no explanation given ). Is there a high end or luxury TT that has slides and looks cool like an Airstream?
2009 Newmar Ventana 3942
2010 Pace Shadow 18ft
2010 KTM 450 XCW six days
2010 Can Am Outlander 650 XT
2014 Can Am Outlander 500
2007 Yamaha YZ250F
1989 Douglas Skater 21' Twin 2.5s
57 REPLIES 57

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would also recommend Outdoors RV, they have some very nice units.
http://outdoorsrvmfg.com/blackstone-2/

gcloss
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
katoomer wrote:
Kids are grown and I'm getting tired of driving a 40' motorhome. I would love to get an Airstream but the DW loves her slide outs (no explanation given ). Is there a high end or luxury TT that has slides and looks cool like an Airstream?

Are you sure about switching to a TT? Once you travel in a MH you really do get spoiled. :W

Why not just buy a smaller MH? And DW can still have her slides.

I started out with a TT and then went to a MH. There is no way I'd ever go back to haulin around a TT.

Airstream did make some models a few years ago with slideouts. I don't think there are any new models with slideouts.
2012 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew Cab 8' box
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a new ATC 28 front bedroom, made the garage area like a living room. It has a 5.5 built in onan gen. Its a travel trailer to us. No toys.

Actally built better than Airstream. All metal including floor. 100 gallons of fresh water. Torsion suspension. Solid coach tows like a dream.

Fireballsocal
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing at all in the airstream category. The next level down is less than half of what airstreams cost. That's where your Northwoods products, lance, grand design, and even used evergreen trailers come in to play.

TrailerTravele1
Explorer
Explorer
We like our Lance. We looked at Airstream, but like your wife, we wanted a slideout. No Arctic Fox close to us in the Midwest, plus they're heavy (which could be an advantage, but....) would have necessitated a much bigger truck.
Cheers! Jan & David

Just returned from our First "Snowbird" Winter ... 25,000 miles, 26 states, 23 National Parks ... and counting....

TrailerTraveler.net

katoomer
Explorer
Explorer
I should clarify a bit. The kids are less and less interested in camping, soon they will be adults. This setup would be for the wife and I to do more sightseeing. Dirt bikes and ATV's will not be part of our plans moving forward. For the past 15 yrs I've been either driving a Dually with a 18,000 lb. Toyhauler or our current setup which is 64' long and 38000 lbs. A nice pickup and a 30' trailer would be heaven to me. I always have a long list of things that need to be repaired or serviced. So it would be nice to have a simple TT and a new truck. But still something we could use for long extended trips. Northwood does make a quality unit but those Airstreams are so beautiful. I wish they still made slides.
2009 Newmar Ventana 3942
2010 Pace Shadow 18ft
2010 KTM 450 XCW six days
2010 Can Am Outlander 650 XT
2014 Can Am Outlander 500
2007 Yamaha YZ250F
1989 Douglas Skater 21' Twin 2.5s

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
You might consider looking at AVION trailers: Click here.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
katoomer wrote:

Are you sure about switching to a TT? Once you travel in a MH you really do get spoiled. :W

I started out with a TT and then went to a MH. There is no way I'd ever go back to haulin around a TT.

We do not agree all the time but that is why my fiver is permanently on a site in AZ.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Arctic Fox would my suggestion as well. Airstream are expensive but built with much of the same paneling and other junk parts regular trailers are.
I really wanted to like them but looking at them at the last RV show, I was not impressed with their workmanship.
ALso, I don't believe any AS trailers have slides.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
katoomer wrote:

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

starlord
Explorer
Explorer
Saw something a few weeks back that might interest you. Airstream now has trailers with at least one slide out. Might need to check it out.

Towin_Toys
Explorer
Explorer
Arctic Fox......but with your toys, why not a nice toy hauler?
KMO
'17 Chevy Silverado High Country 2500 HD Duramax 4x4 CC
'18 Northwood Desert Fox Toy Hauler
'16 Polaris RzR 900
'11 KTM 990 Adventure
'06 Softail Deuce 98"
'08 KTM 300 XC-W(e)

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Give Arctic Fox (Silver Fox Edition) a look. Northwood Manufacturing.

They are built just down the road from you in northern Oregon. You will need a substantial truck to pull it.
But, keep in mind that nothing looks like an Airstream except for an Airstream.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro