cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco 24 RKS Price

mike5150
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all new to the forum I want to buy my first TT looking at a Jayco White Hawk 24 RKS MSRP $35000.00 They offerd it to me $24900.00 Is that a good price? Also any pros or cons about this TT would be great
2013 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 3.31 E-Lock Electronic Locking Rear Axle Ratio
15 REPLIES 15

dontexas
Explorer
Explorer
Mike, please note that the white hawk has closets, the Jay flight has none.

I much prefer the White Hawks 24RKS floorplan......
Don & Donna Myers
2012 Nomad Joey 260
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

charley542
Explorer
Explorer
Jaycos website has an msrp of 30,585 plus dealer prep and frieght.

mike5150
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
If you're not really sure what you want, I suggest you look at lots of different floor plans, and take copious notes on what you like and don't like about each one. Try to keep yourself focused on giving each floor plan the same consideration. After you narrow down your choices go back again, and relook the ones that you've narrowed it down to.

Even better would be to rent a trailer in several different configurations, but sometimes that's easier said than done.

Somethings are more important than others. You just have to try to focus, and not get caught up in the hype the dealer throws at you. Thats why I like RV shows, but that can be overwhelming in itself.

Mike

Mike

Thank you for the info any help is greatly appreciated...I am trying to stay in a size that my 2013 F150 XLT will pull so I also have that to contend with
2013 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 3.31 E-Lock Electronic Locking Rear Axle Ratio

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you're not really sure what you want, I suggest you look at lots of different floor plans, and take copious notes on what you like and don't like about each one. Try to keep yourself focused on giving each floor plan the same consideration. After you narrow down your choices go back again, and relook the ones that you've narrowed it down to.

Even better would be to rent a trailer in several different configurations, but sometimes that's easier said than done.

Somethings are more important than others. You just have to try to focus, and not get caught up in the hype the dealer throws at you. Thats why I like RV shows, but that can be overwhelming in itself.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

mike5150
Explorer
Explorer
Traver8 wrote:
Mike, I concur with the pricing details that the others have given but have another suggestion.

Take a look at the floorplan of the JayFlight 26RKS - it is a dealer stock only model right now but it is a very similar floorplan but has a much more viewable television and u-dinette. Not sure what your typical usage is but if it includes much television I would take another look at the placement of the television in the Whitehawk. I have a 2013 26RKS that I have been living in and find that the television is very viewable from the dinette, couch and the kitchen area.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

Terry

Terry

I look at that floor plan Thank you for the tip.... I do see what your saying as far as the tv It is defiantly in a better spot..NOW I AM REALLY CONFUSED on what I want

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Price seems ok.

Check Jayco owners forum to see how the owners like it.

I would question:
14" tires opposed Jay Flight 15" with 3500 axles.
not sure about the WH axles. 3000# or 3500# axle ratings.

I will mention a few things that I have heard WH owners speak of:
Be careful after you tow it and decide to swap the tires. The wheels will only accept the same tire due to wheel psi ratings and width. If you plan to swap out things like tires and wheels, you have to wait till the warranty expires. Jayco tests axles in line with the tires installed as OEM equipment. Don't know if swapping tires will cause any issues, like a harder ride to shake things up.

Expect that model floorplan to roll down the road at max weights and be careful how much weight you add to it. It has a lot of storage space to overload it.

Traver8
Explorer
Explorer
Mike, I concur with the pricing details that the others have given but have another suggestion.

Take a look at the floorplan of the JayFlight 26RKS - it is a dealer stock only model right now but it is a very similar floorplan but has a much more viewable television and u-dinette. Not sure what your typical usage is but if it includes much television I would take another look at the placement of the television in the Whitehawk. I have a 2013 26RKS that I have been living in and find that the television is very viewable from the dinette, couch and the kitchen area.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

Terry

270wsmhunter
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I'm feeling pretty good at over 30% off. As I stated, shop around as two other dealers who we've purchased from before were at $29000 and $35000 for the same camper we bought for $25900. All were within 120 miles from us.
2015.5 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 HD Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4-Traded
2016 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2011 Jayco 26BH-Lost to hail

Jayco254
Explorer
Explorer
I'd shoot for at least 20% off msrp with all options, basically the msrp selling price as it sets.
Tom, Kathy, Nikki, & Kelly
Pets: Lady - Texas Heeler, Dinger - Rhodesian Riidgeback Mix
2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4 ci 3.73 gears
2008 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn 4x4 5.7L Hemi 3.92 gears
2007 Jayco Jayfeather EXP 254
Husky W/D, P-3

Baja937
Explorer
Explorer
Mike...Use this and select your options...The Dealer MSRP is going to reflect Destination Charges...They have free reign to inflate that MSRP...

A safe Avg is add $1200 to the figure you see with your Options...

http://www.jayco.com/products/travel-trailers/2016-white-hawk/24rks/

I recently did this with a 2016 Whitehawk 24MBH...My local dealer MSRP was dead nuts on the Jayco MSRP...Another dealer was $2500 higher...

270wsmhunter
Explorer
Explorer
I was basing on what you listed as MSRP, I have no knowledge of what add ons are on it but if they add to the trailer they add to the value. If they are dealer fees, hitches, etc that's another story. I suppose I could've spent some time researching this model. On my particular purchase, no other dealer within 150 miles could match the price. Closest was +$3K and highest was +$8K.
2015.5 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 HD Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4-Traded
2016 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2011 Jayco 26BH-Lost to hail

mike5150
Explorer
Explorer
270wsmhunter wrote:
Seems like a pretty fair price. We just bought a 2016 Eagle 284BHBE for $25,900 and MSRP is $38K+. I've seen others say if you can get around 30% off MSRP you're doing well.

The $35000.00 Msrp with all the dealer options installed. Is that the price you use or the MSRP before options Because that MSRP IS $28000.00

mike5150
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
seems high to me

Care to elaborate?

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
seems high to me