cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco 28bhbe or 29bhdb

Doug1395
Explorer
Explorer
Well its time to upgrade again . I spent years on hear reading before i even signed up. I thought so many times, never going to happen to me , not doing that ..... just like everyone else i started tent camping then i bought a pop-up then 3 years ago we got a jayco Jay flight 26bh pulling it with a 2012 chevy 1500. Then I bought a 2016 2500 gasser because it just wasn't comfortable pulling on long trips . Bla bla bla
Ok so anyways 26bh is a great camper but long trips or rainy weekends it just two small. Its me and my wife 2 kids 11 and 8 and one big dumb dog. We are looking at the jay flight 28bhbe and the 29 bhdb. Any and all criticism is welcomed because it usually turns out to be spot on. To much weight bad floor plans ? Are biggest wants are more storage for the kids stuff , living room slide (to cramped ) and a bigger shower would be great. thanks
27 REPLIES 27

Doug1395
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone we also agree that we do not like the second 1/2 bath. I would be much happier withthe floor plan if it was a closet or small over under washer dryer in that space with some shelving. Again i am not aware of any mid to large size campers with a washer dryer. That would've also opened the bunks up a little.

Vvvv1010
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
Of the 2 model listed I prefer the 28BHBE. I think 2 baths are over kill.

I also prefer the 28BHBE and agree that there is no need for two toilets. The bunks are also positioned to where your children can hang out on them and still watch TV or be part of the living area. Other model, bunks are tucked behind a wall.

I also like having two doors that lead out. It is easier to load and unload a camper.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 Ford F250 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Two 10'0 Kayaks

dolbsss
Explorer
Explorer
I'm picking up a Flight SLX 284bhsw on Saturday. Might want to check one out.

https://www.jayco.com/products/travel-trailers/2017-jay-flight-slx/284bhsw/

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Doug1395 wrote:
I like the 32 bhds except we do plan on taking long trips and am concerned on it being to heavy with my gasser.

Too many buyers don't realize how much "stuff" they pack in their TT or TV and therefore, are overweight. Also at 32' it is going to be a challenge getting in and out of some places.

Just my 2 cents, but think long and hard about that outdoor kitchen. Are your really going to use it ? Extra weight, extra cost, less interior space. I know my family would not use it. I would never watch TV outside, and if I am cooking outside it would be on a grill or maybe a Coleman stove.

Same with the extra 1/2 bath. Extra weight, extra cost, less interior space.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Of the 2 model listed I prefer the 28BHBE. I think 2 baths are over kill. The bat is OK it's the additional tank I despise. I removed the toilet from my 2nd bath it is now a closet!
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

Doug1395
Explorer
Explorer
Yes i have been in both the 29bhdb the door is in the middle so it would be a little easier in that aspect. As far as the slide goes i always get familiar/research my equipment. The 90degree viewing area .... your right but unfortunately i don't think there is a camper in my price range that would have a better viewing area. Have gotten prices with fiberglass sides and quite a few other options in the 23 to 25 range.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
If you are going to watch television look for a floor plan that you can sit and view the screen straight on...ie, seating directly across from the entertainment center.

Both of your choices require you to sit at a 90 degree angle from the screen...uncomfortable and degrades the picture sharpness.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you going to be able to walk around the queen bed . It looks like there is very little room at the foot.

Also, when moving to a slide unit, it might help you to know how it functions and know what to do when/if it malfunctions.

Doug1395
Explorer
Explorer
I also am not a fan of the bhds thats a different floor plan than the 29bhdb
I like the 32 bhds except we do plan on taking long trips and am concerned on it being to heavy with my gasser. I want to pull comfortably. Maybe im being to over careful but this new rig will see some mountains also it has the small shower. Thanks keep it coming the more opinions the better.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to also check out bumper pull toy haulers. Some of the configurations being made today turn out very convenient and almost modular configurations. Meaning, you can have multiple couches, beds that come down from the ceiling, elevated screened in decks, etc. In the garage area, you can fold up the couches or move the bed up to the ceiling and have an area for bicycle transport, kayaks, etc.

The toy hauler isn't just for Motorcycles, ATVs or a SxS.
I love me some land yachting

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO, the 29BHDS seems like an odd floor plan... the large bath and shower is nice, but the bathroom door on the left side has you stepping out into your neighbor's campsite. It looks like interior access with the slides in might be iffy (though it's hard to tell from just a floor plan), you might not be able to have a quick bite to eat in a rest stop without extending them. The kitchen slide intrudes into the under awning space. The kitchen island gains you counter space, but at the expense of floorspace.

fx2tom wrote:
Why even play around - go to the JayFlight 32BHDS

https://www.jayco.com/products/travel-trailers/2017-jay-flight/32bhds/

Yup. That's the best of the three, IMHO.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

fx2tom
Explorer
Explorer
Why even play around - go to the JayFlight 32BHDS

https://www.jayco.com/products/travel-trailers/2017-jay-flight/32bhds/
2002 Ford F250 Lariat 7.3l 4x4 CCSB
2007 Forest River Sierra Sport M-26FBSP

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
28bhbe
or
29bhdb
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS