cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
Just FYI

I have a 31bhpr and during a complete downpour here we had leaking in the main slide. I wasn't parked completely level, the driver side was a bit higher. But the issue wasn't necessarily just that as the bunkhouse slide did not leak at all. The issue was the seal on the top of the main slide. There are two rubber flaps that did not lay out correctly and were stuck in the position I would think they would be in when the slide was out. I took a long stick when the slide was in and repositioned the rubber flaps to their correct position and all was well after that.

Looks like slide toppers next season

franlu
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Bullet 278RLS that we bought new last year and we Love It! We have not had any problems and it seems to be well made. I would not buy the extended warranty as they are a waste of money. You'll be happy if you decide to buy it.

talonguy
Explorer
Explorer
OK all, maybe someone has some idea what's going on here. I've read through so many forum posts, I don't know what to think. Details:
1) Ford-150, 2x4, 5.4L, 3.73, factory towing package
2) 2012 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
3) Teskonsha Prodigy installed in 2005

Problem description: When hooking up the trailer and 7-pin line, everything works fine--trailer brakes normally. Driving for the first 10 miles or so and intermittently applying brakes--everything works fine. After that, things go downhill quickly. Over the next 5 miles, I get trailer braking only about 50% of the time with 'OL' (overload) appearing the other 50% of the time on the Prodigy. The problem gets progressively worse until >90% of the time 'OL' is displayed on the Prodigy when braking. Finally, when arriving home, and after coming to a dead stop, the brakes appear to work fine at slow, <5 mph, speeds. At a stop, the Prodigy displays brakes working normally. Will occasionally get an 'SH' (short) and even less occasionally an 'NC' (not connected) when applying the brakes, but very infrequently.

What I've checked:
1) F-150 connector, back and front for loose wires, corrosion, etc.
2) Trailer pigtail for corrosion, bent connectors.
3) Brake distribution bus for corrosion, loose connections, broken wires
4) Trailer emergency brake engagement for loose wires. Also engaged and reseated it several times with Prodigy disconnected
5) Wiring at trailer backing plates (outside the drum/backing plate)
6) Wiring coming through the axles of the trailer for chafing (have not removed the entire wires)
7) Prodigy connections to back of Prodigy unit, splices to instrument pigtail, and pigtail connection. Left Prodigy unplugged for 10+ minutes.

Everything I've checked so far has been negative for defects, and I've been unable to duplicate the problem with the wife in the truck and engaging the brakes (in the driveway) while I look for wiring problems--the brakes appear to work normally then!

Questions:
1) Does anyone think it's the Prodigy?
2) Why only while the trailer is in motion?
3) Any other thoughts for a nine month old trailer?
4) Anyone think Keystone will send someone to my house since the nearest dealer is 60+ miles away?

Camping World won't test the Prodigy only--they have to check out the entire tow vehicle to the tune of $57. They are the only Prodigy dealer close by.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Mike

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! Ours is drivers side also. I knew I had read something somewhere. Ours is locked so that won't help. We tightened it a little so we will see. If we do notice something I'll post so it might help others. Happy camping!
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
RainbowsEnd wrote:
We are still at our seasonal site with our 28rlpr and love it. We've simply have had the best luck with our TT. One thing we noticed recently is a slight leak in our storage compartment door, only one side. The concern is a few drops can become a puddle and something we certainly don't want, especially if we aren't here to watch it. The TT looks to be as level as it can be. The seal looks good and we've tightened the lock areas. Didn't someone else here have a similar issue and solved it? What was your secret? Even though the seal looks good maybe we should replace it. Ideas?

Yep, I had that problem with the cargo door on the driver side of the TT. I didn't lock it because the kids were using it for their sports stuff but that was the cause of the leak. Once I locked it, the leak went away.
"Onward thru the fog!"

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
We are still at our seasonal site with our 28rlpr and love it. We've simply have had the best luck with our TT. One thing we noticed recently is a slight leak in our storage compartment door, only one side. The concern is a few drops can become a puddle and something we certainly don't want, especially if we aren't here to watch it. The TT looks to be as level as it can be. The seal looks good and we've tightened the lock areas. Didn't someone else here have a similar issue and solved it? What was your secret? Even though the seal looks good maybe we should replace it. Ideas?
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

boggsryan
Explorer
Explorer
SabreCanuck wrote:
boggsryan wrote:

I picked up the 31bhpr today!! It is nice. 2.5 hrs for the walk thru and closing. Dealer great so far. The tt is even better. As we speak,

Congrats and welcome to the club! You'll love the Premier!!

We went with the slide toppers as well.. Haven't had any issues in two years with debris. It really does depend on where you camp. WE are more into national parks and here they are almost all very tree'd which means very little wind on the slide toppers but also means leaves,twigs, etc. can get on top of slide if you DON'T have the topper.

The 2-3 times a year that we camp in wide open spaces we DON'T like the slide topper because it does get noisy IF there is a wind. For the most part, the wind dies down at night anyway so it hasn't been an issue for us.

$0.02 spent.

Thanks! I went with the toppers because of debris protection. I park under pines a lot. I never even thought about the noise possibility. Nobody mentioned that to me but I'm pretty sure I would have paid the price anyway. Thanks for the info!

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
boggsryan wrote:

I picked up the 31bhpr today!! It is nice. 2.5 hrs for the walk thru and closing. Dealer great so far. The tt is even better. As we speak, I am camping out in yard to make sure all is well. Will head to a campground tomorrow after getting organized. Everything is great so far. Mods done as asked. My biggest concern right now is pulling it with my silverado 1500. But so far so good. I am looking hard for a reason to take int back but so far I can't find anything. I dind decide to get slide toppers and they won't be in till next week so it does have to go back for that.
Anyway, I love it so far.

Congrats and welcome to the club! You'll love the Premier!!

We went with the slide toppers as well.. Haven't had any issues in two years with debris. It really does depend on where you camp. WE are more into national parks and here they are almost all very tree'd which means very little wind on the slide toppers but also means leaves,twigs, etc. can get on top of slide if you DON'T have the topper.

The 2-3 times a year that we camp in wide open spaces we DON'T like the slide topper because it does get noisy IF there is a wind. For the most part, the wind dies down at night anyway so it hasn't been an issue for us.

$0.02 spent.
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
boggsryan wrote:
boggsryan wrote:
Hi everyone!
Well, I did it, I am picking up my new Premier 31bhpr tomorrow. My decision on the Premier was largely based on the comments on this forum. So, thanks!

I picked up the 31bhpr today!! It is nice. 2.5 hrs for the walk thru and closing. Dealer great so far. The tt is even better. As we speak, I am camping out in yard to make sure all is well. Will head to a campground tomorrow after getting organized. Everything is great so far. Mods done as asked. My biggest concern right now is pulling it with my silverado 1500. But so far so good. I am looking hard for a reason to take int back but so far I can't find anything. I dind decide to get slide toppers and they won't be in till next week so it does have to go back for that.

Congrats! Hope you get to enjoy it alot. Lots of time left this season!
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
boggsryan wrote:
boggsryan wrote:
Hi everyone!
Well, I did it, I am picking up my new Premier 31bhpr tomorrow. My decision on the Premier was largely based on the comments on this forum. So, thanks!

Congratulation with the Bullet! We love ours a 2012 28RLPT. It has had a few issues tho minor and nothing more than ANY tt will have. I love the way it pulls with the wider axles and aeryodynamic nose. I'm getting almost 2 mpg better with it than our old Forest River tt! The wife and I really like the comfort of ours and plan on getting years of pleasure with it.

About the slide toppers, there is a down side to them. Debris can get trapped under them. I was fully intending to add them to my previous camper and was talked out of it by the dealership! They were not big fans of them even though they install them. Just my two cents.
"Onward thru the fog!"

boggsryan
Explorer
Explorer
boggsryan wrote:
Hi everyone!

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
jasoncw wrote:
CampinEarls wrote:
I took the ring around where the cord comes out the side to reach in there before, that might be easier than trying to get to the knot on the inside. It's 3 screws I think.

Thanks, but the 3 screws are not what I am worried about; it is the silicone that I will need to cut, then clean up without messing up the paint, then applying more silicone to reseal it.

The silicon will peel right off, and what doesn't will come off by rubbing your finger back and forth over it. Reseal it by putting some silicon around the edge of the hole covering the screw holes on the trailer, then mount the cover back on then put a thin beam of sealant around the cover after installation. Easy, no paint messed up, actually looks better than original.

This was my experience, yours may vary!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

jasoncw
Explorer
Explorer
CampinEarls wrote:
I took the ring around where the cord comes out the side to reach in there before, that might be easier than trying to get to the knot on the inside. It's 3 screws I think.

Thanks, but the 3 screws are not what I am worried about; it is the silicone that I will need to cut, then clean up without messing up the paint, then applying more silicone to reseal it.
2016 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L 4.56's, V/C Springs, PP 3P, P3

Past:
2011 Keystone Bullet Premier 31BHPR
2009 Forest River Flagstaff 830RBSS

boggsryan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I already have a tv from my old trailer so it's easy although I do need to get a mount I suppose. I'd be willing to bet that you are correct, plus I'm sure it is cheaper for them to not put in the rotating tv.

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats!
I would just moved the TV from outside to the inside bunkhouse, but that's just me, I haven't watched my tv outside a single time.
I wonder if they got rid of the rotating one because of the gap around the sides?
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab