cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Andy F wrote:
My plan is to consistently communicate my displeasure respectfully for the season and next winter to both Keystone/Thor and my dealer, working my way up the chain of command.

If I do have to replace the decal myself, I will not replace it with anything related to Keystone/Bullet. Instead I will do a custom decal from a local graphics company, maybe using our last name in the decal.

Update on this decal issue with Keystone:

Our dealer replied back to us that they don't have the "right" Bullet decal in their stock to give us. I have asked the service manager to clarify if they don't have any post 2012 decals for the front of our Bullet or if they don't have any front decals at all. Seems like almost any post 2012 decals would work since they look so similar when compared to the pre 2012 decals that had a much different look.

The only updated response from Keystone customer service has been to have our dealer submit a pre-authorization for the replacement which our dealer already did and they received a rejection. Quite honestly, this customer service rep seems to be hitting the "hit the same identical response" each time in their emails.

We just got back from our South Dakota Black Hills trip and after doing some night driving and after going through a nasty rain storm on a gravel road, our Bullet looked horrible. After washing and cleaning it up, it looks brand new including all of the decals except this one crummy front Bullet decal. The separate front "stripe" decals even look beautiful and new. But not the front Bullet decal which tells me there are quality/defect issues with it. The front Rockwood Roo decal on our old hybrid TT never looked like this under the same exact care and storage conditions. Forest River must have chose a higher quality front decal than Keystone did.
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

pyro383
Explorer
Explorer
I go the word Outback for the front and a few swirls for the side. Cost $30 incl ship.

I was out of warranty by 2 years and when speaking with them, I stated that having peeling Outback letters doesn't help their cause, I "want" to purchase as they owe me nothing.
2005 F-150 King Ranch
2010 Keystone Outback 312BH

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
pyro383 wrote:
I was able to purchase a set from them. Did you offer to pay?

if you don't mind telling me, did you get a whole set for the entire camper, and how much it costs?

My decals on the whole thing look like ****, shrinking, peeling edges, fading....
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
My plan is to consistently communicate my displeasure respectfully for the season and next winter to both Keystone/Thor and my dealer, working my way up the chain of command.

If I do have to replace the decal myself, I will not replace it with anything related to Keystone/Bullet. Instead I will do a custom decal from a local graphics company, maybe using our last name in the decal.
Andy
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
pyro383 wrote:

I am not paying!
Andy
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

pyro383
Explorer
Explorer
2005 F-150 King Ranch
2010 Keystone Outback 312BH

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Defective decal update:no response from Keystone after I sent them an email with copies of this thread and a related thread on another Keystone owners forum. But including our local dealer's owner and the service manager in the email has been productive so far although we don't yet have a complete resolution. Will update the final outcome when it happens.
Andy
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
jenjen77 wrote:
How do you like towing with the sequoia?? We pull our bullet 287 qbs with a 1500 suburban..terrible gas mileage and looking to upgrade to a diesel in thr near future!

We love our Sequoia and our towing experience. The ProPride hitch is absolutely necessary due to the SUV wheelbase but the 5.7 liter engine coupled with the 6 speed side shifter tranny is awesome. We've done trips from MN to Yellowstone and MN to Florida and had a great experience.
Andy
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

jenjen77
Explorer
Explorer
How do you like towing with the sequoia?? We pull our bullet 287 qbs with a 1500 suburban..terrible gas mileage and looking to upgrade to a diesel in thr near future!

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
N2AntiqueOak wrote:
Andy, I haven't, but our friends that have the '14 Premier with the dark brown cap have. Their cap and decals are all faded. Keystone, also denied theirs. We have the white cap and our decals still look pretty good on our '13. Keep after them, maybe they'll cave in!

Thank you! I will keep after them. I'll update later on the outcome. Thor won't get our future Class A motorhome business when I retire in a few years if they don't drastically change their tune.
Andy
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

N2AntiqueOak
Explorer
Explorer
Andy, I haven't, but our friends that have the '14 Premier with the dark brown cap have. Their cap and decals are all faded. Keystone, also denied theirs. We have the white cap and our decals still look pretty good on our '13. Keep after them, maybe they'll cave in!

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone reading this thread had to contact Keystone about a defective premature fading/cracking decal on the front of their Bullet? I know the Premier's have the fiberglass front cap so maybe Premier owners haven't experience the same issue like we have but perhaps standard Bullet owners out there may have?

I have kept our 2012 Bullet in excellent condition. I have kept it washed and clean, going out of my way to keep my decals protected with 303 spray. I have stored our unit indoors every winter for 6 months since we bought it new in March 2012. And all of the decals and the unit itself look great. Except the main "Bullet" decal across the front of the unit. It started to crack and fade early on and it has been getting considerably worse over the past year. I have to believe there is a defect issue with this particular decal since the other decals, including the stripes on the front, are all in great condition. I have numerous photos of our unit in my link below in my signature if you want to take a look.

And yet after contacting Keystone by email, their customer service has not been favorable. I was initially told to have our local dealer that we purchased the unit through submit a preauthorization for the replacement of the decal but the dealer states the preauthorization was rejected by Keystone due to us submitting the claim outside of their "goodwill" post-warranty period. I was surprised at that because their customer representative I initially spoke with commented on how our unit was only 4 years old and shouldn't have a decal issue like we have.

We went through a manufacturer defect on bad seals/seal design with our old Forest River Rockwood Roo and Forest River/Rockwood was much more responsive. In fact, they took our unit back to the factory for free out of warranty and did a refurbishment. In this current situation, I only want Keystone to provide me a replacement decal and I offered to install it myself since I did some decal work on buses back in college.

Anyone have any contact with Keystone over a similar issue?
Andy
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

temccarthy1
Explorer
Explorer
jenjen77 wrote:
After months of research we just upgraded from our 2008 keystone 185QBS to a 2016 Keystone Bullet 287QBS ..I personally love it. We are doing some minor mods to make it ours...We are getting ready to travel 1500 miles over 10 days with it..that will be the test!

CONGRATS! We have a 2014 Bullet 285RLS and absolutely love it! Have not had a single issue with it! All the posts I have seen on this site on Bullets are positive! Enjoy your big new TT!
Tim, Ramona and dog Scruffy
1982 Coleman Sun Valley PUP (retired)
2014 Keystone Bullet 285RLS Ultralite TT
2013 Ford Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8
Equalizer E2 hitch

jenjen77
Explorer
Explorer
After months of research we just upgraded from our 2008 keystone 185QBS to a 2016 Keystone Bullet 287QBS ..I personally love it. We are doing some minor mods to make it ours...We are getting ready to travel 1500 miles over 10 days with it..that will be the test!

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the new owners. We have the 2011 Bullet Premier 28RLPR and still love it. We had to get a new frig this season. I can't say what really went wrong with it but it runs continuous in the season. We are at a seasonal campground and visit for long weekends and keep the frig stocked. So it runs probably 5 months or more of each year all the time. That is equivalent to lots of camping days. Rather expensive repair but it's done and I will continue my use of the frig this way. Otherwise it is like brand new still on the inside. The outside has some fading of 6 years weathering outside. When we had our frig replaced we had the service also wax it for us. Looks nicer than when we've cleaned it. Somewhere in these pages I list a few mods we did. Not many, we're simple campers but I still like the use of the extra curtain. Will ck in again soon. Happy camping!
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!