cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
RainbowsEnd wrote:
gregrc75 wrote:

Thanks, it was fun to do!
Would you be able to leave your heat on about 55 degrees so it will only kick on if it gets that cold inside? It should keep it from freezing without having to winterize yet.

I'm about 3 hrs away so can't get to it, that's my concern. Fingers crossed I guess!

Oh, good luck!
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
gregrc75 wrote:

Would you be able to leave your heat on about 55 degrees so it will only kick on if it gets that cold inside? It should keep it from freezing without having to winterize yet.

I'm about 3 hrs away so can't get to it, that's my concern. Fingers crossed I guess!
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
PSUCamper wrote:
I have a 31BHPR and it came with the folding style table. Never been a big fan of it as I find it hard to fold up and difficult to level. I'm looking at ordering the pedestal style table legs. But I have a couple concerns:

1. They come in different lengths, 27.5,29,31 inches. Anyone have any idea what length I would need. My trailer is currently at a dealer getting some work done so I can't measure anything right now. Would like to have the legs by the time I get my trailer back.

2. Screw length. Obviously, I will have to be very careful fastening the bases to the underside of the table. Also the table is on a slide so it's a little concerning attaching it to the floor.

Has anyone done this themselves? Should I just play it safe and have a dealer do the install?

Thanks

My pedastals are 27.5 and the screws are 3/4". It looks easy enough to do if you are handy at all.

I am glad mine came with the pedastals but I wish it had the booth and not the U-dinette!
Greg and J

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
RainbowsEnd wrote:
Nice job on the border!

We've had a great season with our camping. Cold weather is coming. We have no water connection/pressure but there must be water left in the pipes. With temperatures falling for one night to 25 how much of a problem will this be? Temperatures about mid 50's in the day with sun and a few nights in the 30's. I can't get to it for another week to winterize. Oh the horrors! ๐Ÿ™‚ I guess when we return I'll have to watch for leaks!

Greg and J

PSUCamper
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 31BHPR and it came with the folding style table. Never been a big fan of it as I find it hard to fold up and difficult to level. I'm looking at ordering the pedestal style table legs. But I have a couple concerns:

1. They come in different lengths, 27.5,29,31 inches. Anyone have any idea what length I would need. My trailer is currently at a dealer getting some work done so I can't measure anything right now. Would like to have the legs by the time I get my trailer back.

2. Screw length. Obviously, I will have to be very careful fastening the bases to the underside of the table. Also the table is on a slide so it's a little concerning attaching it to the floor.

Has anyone done this themselves? Should I just play it safe and have a dealer do the install?

Thanks

RainbowsEnd
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job on the border!

We've had a great season with our camping. Cold weather is coming. We have no water connection/pressure but there must be water left in the pipes. With temperatures falling for one night to 25 how much of a problem will this be? Temperatures about mid 50's in the day with sun and a few nights in the 30's. I can't get to it for another week to winterize. Oh the horrors! ๐Ÿ™‚ I guess when we return I'll have to watch for leaks!
F250 Diesel Lariat
Laissez les bons temps rouler!

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
carjocky wrote:
Well looks like I have to get another airbed mattress. A seam came loose. They are fixing it under warranty but I have seen another post of this happening to someone else. I hope this isnt a cronic problem.

I posted awhile back about that problem with ours. It was covered under warranty which is good. But like you, I wonder if it'll be a problem in the future. That said, since our son moved away its not likely it'll be used very often and may stay near pristine for years.:@
"Onward thru the fog!"

carjocky
Explorer
Explorer
Well looks like I have to get another airbed mattress. A seam came loose. They are fixing it under warranty but I have seen another post of this happening to someone else. I hope this isnt a cronic problem.
Jon
Ohio
2012 Keystone Bullet Premier 29RTPR
2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 1500 5.7 Hemi

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
That's nice! Good job!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Did another mod today to my 28RLPR. I am not a huge fan of the fabric patterns and the loud wallpaper boarder. A friend of mine just purchased a Sunset Trail Reserve TT and instead of a wallpaper border, it had a wood border or chair-rail. It looks very nice and it got me thinking about copying the idea in my Premier. Well, today I decided to do it. I found some prefinished molding at Home Depot and it is nearly a perfect match in stain color. SO, for about 22.00 in molding and a tube of liquid nails, it was done! The wall paper boarder is more like a vinyl sticker. It came off very easily by heating it with a hairdryer and pulling it. Here are the pics.

Before:

During:

After:

Greg and J

LewBob
Explorer
Explorer
pjinthedaks wrote:
We moved up from a Coleman Niagara to the 19FBPR and absolutely love it! The only thing we miss are the expansive windows in the Niagara. I can't get you exact measurements right now but would estimate that it is about the equivalent of a full size bed, maybe a little larger. My daughter-in-law slept on it with our granddaughter this summer and they had plenty of room.

I gather you're still pleased with your choice of the Baby Bullet. DW and I bought a Bullet 284RLS (not Premier) in January and have concluded it's just too big for the kind of camping we like to do and the places we've been going. I'm seriously considering trading for the 19 or something like the Lance 1685. DW is mostly concerning about giving up the massive storage space we have in the big Bullet.

We are 400 miles from the nearest dealer but will take a look when we can. Do you have any thoughts, suggestions or reflections on your decision that might help us?

Happy travels.

Lew

Lew

2015 Casita Freedom Deluxe
2012 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." --Bob Seger (Against the Wind)

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
SueMcD wrote:
pjinthedaks wrote:
We moved up from a Coleman Niagara to the 19FBPR and absolutely love it! The only thing we miss are the expansive windows in the Niagara. I can't get you exact measurements right now but would estimate that it is about the equivalent of a full size bed, maybe a little larger. My daughter-in-law slept on it with our granddaughter this summer and they had plenty of room.

Thanks, I was most interested in the length - if an adult can actually stretch out. I recently spent the night on my friend's dinette bed in her 5th wheel and it was a little cramped.

That's a bit of a coincidence because the pop-up we just sold was a 2001 Coleman Niagara. We must have similar tastes.
๐Ÿ™‚

I just measured mine for you. 44x78 roughly. I believe they are all the same accross the Premier line until they went to the booth style. Also, I started with a Coleman Shanendoah! I bought it off Craigslist in 2007 for 400.00. It was a 1991 I think.
Greg and J

SueMcD
Explorer
Explorer
pjinthedaks wrote:

Thanks, I was most interested in the length - if an adult can actually stretch out. I recently spent the night on my friend's dinette bed in her 5th wheel and it was a little cramped.

That's a bit of a coincidence because the pop-up we just sold was a 2001 Coleman Niagara. We must have similar tastes.
๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Keystone Bullet Premier 19FBPR

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if we got the same brand. When I did it it was just as sturdy as the original and the existing foam seal worked perfectly.
Greg and J

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
baunno wrote:
gregrc75 wrote:
I did two simple mods to my Premier 28RLPR. First was I replaced the white plastic slide on the back screen door with a clear set. The white plastic always seems to be right in my line of sight when sitting in the rockers in the back. The second mod was I placed the clip on gutter extensions on the short gutter spouts. Hopefully they will direct the water away to help minimize the black streaks!

Hi Greg, Where did you get the clear door slide?
and has anybody retrofitted the screens with clear plastic?

I added the clear slide and had to re-enforce the seal between the stationary clear panel and the slide as there is a pretty big gap. The stationary plastic is very flimsy and bows easily even though I cut it to fit the slot in the door frame. Must say, not very impressed with the quatility... So I took a coat hanger coated with white outer stuff and cut it to fit. Then I ground down the ends to fit in the slot and placed it in the slot outside where the foam seal meets the sliding panel. Still is funky but I do like the clear panels. Not sure I'd do this mod knowing how thin the replacement panel is so Caveat Emptor!
"Onward thru the fog!"