cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kitty Litter ?

gaflick
Explorer
Explorer
I was told that Kitty Litter can be used as a moisture collector in my camper when it is closed up and stored.
Does anyone use this? Also what type?
When I was at the store I saw several types, clay base & corn cob, scented & unscented.
Thanks,
GAF
10 REPLIES 10

thib2722
Explorer
Explorer
Damp Rid from Walmart

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Santa Fe wrote:
Kitty litter and charcoal in the PUP each winter. Probably doesn't help much, but I do it anyway.

It may not but keeps the neighboring kitty cats from leaving its mark in your trailer. ๐Ÿ™‚

I use damp rid and buy it by the bag, it keeps the moisture down during the daily temp swings from night to day. I have two in my TT.

Pool
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the pool store and ask for calcium. Likely cheaper in flake or granular form and is exactly what damp rid is. It will absorb moisture and turn from granular to liquid in a bowl.

Santa_Fe
Explorer
Explorer
Kitty litter and charcoal in the PUP each winter. Probably doesn't help much, but I do it anyway.
TV: 2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman Crew Cab
5.7L HEMI V8
4x4

TT: 2016 Keystone RV Springdale 260LE

Have Yorkie, will travel.

sbowman871
Explorer
Explorer
boosTT wrote:
I also use damp rid

Word on the Damp Rid. It works well
2010 Everlite 29FK
2011 Ford F150 V6 Ecoboost Max Tow 3.73
Parkit 360

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
I also use damp rid

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
Damprid has many different types of products to reduce moisture. I put 2 of the throw away buckets in the TT over the winter. Seemed to work just fine. 1 bucket will last up to 6 months. Of course, that depends on how much moisture it's exposed to.
[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
IN MOST circumstances your RV will be better served to have the same humidity level as the surround air. The exception to this would be mostly found i the Northwest where extremely high humidity levels exist.
Good luck / Skip
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I use this with good results...available lots of places including Walmart.

Dri-z-air LINK
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Someone's giving you bad information. Kitty litter only absorbs and holds moisture that's dumped on it. It is not a dessicant.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman