cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance 815 TC.

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
The wife and I decided to sell the half ton truck and buy a 2011 Ford F250 extended cab. Now we are looking at Lance campers,I really like the 825 but 18 to 20 grand is out of our price range. We have seen a 2005 Lance 815 camper in Wisconsin for sale. I would like to hear about the good and the bad about this TC. Thank You.
25 REPLIES 25

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 05 8'6" 815 squire lite and it works great for us. The small tanks is somewhat of a problem but with our style of camping not a big problem. I think the price is high so look around. We paid 3K for ours and it is in great shape.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
We do like the North star Laredo,DW really wants a dinette and I like the cassette toilet setup. Finding good used truck campers in Wisconsin is hard to do. Minnesota has a lot more to choose from.

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
If you are still looking around, you might find an older Northstar.

Many of them had just a grey tank for the sink and shower and a cassette toilet.

Good quality and very good factory support- it is a family run company.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks, for the advise I will see if we can find a good used 845.The truck we bought has a 6 ft 6 inch box. DW wants a camper with a dinette.And a nice shower.

Tolo83
Explorer
Explorer
We own a Lance 825 and love it!! We did a 6 1/2 wk road trip and 5900 miles not a problem with it and we mixed dry camping with hookups.
We bought ours used and very happy with it did a few mods for better storage overall great camper definitely recommend putting solar on....

SheepCamp
Explorer
Explorer
You do not say if you have a long or short bed truck. The 815 was designed to fit on both, but in that design had to put small waste tanks. If you have a short bed truck, check out the Lance 845. Basically the same camper as the 815 but designed for short bed. This allows for larger tanks for gray and black. We have had our 845 for about 8 years and it works great. They were made from about 2000 to 2008 (give or take, ours is 2005) so prices are reasonable now.
01 F350 CC SRW 7.3 Diesel
05 Lance 845
96 Jeep Cherokee, Beaches of Baja
79 Jeep CJ7, Moab Rocks

chalet05
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2008/9 815. Small tanks and the shower into the black tank were the only things I didn't like. There was a thread on here back then where someone 'rearranged' so the shower went into the grey tank. Hope it works out for you!
Anita
2014 RAM 3500 4x4 Dually
2011 Lance 1050S TC
2015 Polaris Slingshot

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just found out about the shower water going into the black tank, I would reroute it to go in to a water container outside of the camper. The camper is in really nice shape and it is being stored for the winter, they want 8 grand for it.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 . Having the shower drain into the black tank is not a good thing.
Its beyond me why anyone would design something like that .

I'm not sure, but you might be able to re-route the plumbing to make it more useable. That might be an option if you are getting a clean camper for a real good price.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
atually the 815 does have a shower, toilet, fresh water grey and black tanks but they are small and the shower drains into the black tank
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

nm1oqrz
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Old Days. If I remenber correctly the 815 is a non-self contained TC meaning no waste or fresh water tanks and no toilet but if you go to Lance website and click on support they have all the manuals for viewing.
Happy camping nm1oqrz