cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Little Green Machine Shampooer?

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Bissell's Little Green Compact shampooer?

Bissell Green Machine

We have a hybrid with carpeted floors and the usual couch, dinette cushions, 'mattresses' etc.

I was thinking about something that we could use to clean *everything*

Does it shoot the shampoo into the fabric, then suck it back out, or do you use a brush to shampoo and it only vacuums out the water?

I'm thinking about the former, which would not only prevent getting the fabrics too wet, but also be useful for the inside of the tenting canvas. Of course, we'd retreat with Aerospace 303 when finished with the canvas.

We have more small spaces than the large open floor space, so a small unit is better than an upright floor unit.

ANyone using something like this? Know a better one? Maybe rent a shampooer from a big box store? Shampoo you prefer?

Getting ready for end of regular season cleaning, while a few days are still warm enough to air dry 😉
15 REPLIES 15

N7SJN
Explorer
Explorer
I worked for a transportation company at one time and we used the previous "Green Machine" and I was very pleased with the results, I cannot speak for the new models.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
DiskDoctr wrote:
Maybe this one instead?

Bissell Professional Spot Remover

Do they all use a spray nozzle for applying the cleaner?

I've not seen that particular machine before. It looks like what would happen if Darth Vader
and R2D2 had a baby. Cute.

I'm fairly certain that in manual mode all use the spray nozzle on the suction handle to dispense the cleaning solution (you mix it with warm water in the "clean" tank).

Using the manual mode, the brush on the bottom does not spin.

In the automatic mode (to use the round brush) on the bottom, the machine will dispense the cleaning solution via the small 'jets' in with the brush.

This reply is probably clear as mud. If so, I apologize.

Anyway, thanks for the photo of that machine. Always nice to have a replacement in
mind for when our current one stops working.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
My answer depends on whether you're planning to carry this with you or keep it at home. We went through 2 LGMs and while they were handy, the just didn't do the job I wanted - at the time, we probably had 6 or more rescue dogs and, well, accidents to happen. Later we invested in an upright Bissell _______, can't remember the model, but it's one of their better ones. Got it at Sam's. Heats the water if you want that, had a hose attachment with the appropriate tools for cleaning upholstery. And it does do a pretty darned good job on the carpet in the house. If you're thinking of keeping it in the camper, the upright would be too much, but if leaving it home and using it there, I'd suggest the upright, and the best model your budget allows for.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe this one instead?

Bissell Professional Spot Remover

Do they all use a spray nozzle for applying the cleaner?

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
DiskDoctr wrote:
Edit: I looked at the SpotBot above. Neat machine. I wonder if the brushes turn off? I think the brushes would be too hard on the canvas and other fabrics?

You're right - the brushes might be too hard on canvas. It's more for carpets/rugs/mats.
Our SpotBot has a manual setting so you can use it just like the Little Green Machine with
the sprayer on the brush handle. Better for upholstery.

Nice to have options.
It's his Super Power!

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the info and opinions. I think we are looking for something that is more of a 'shampooer' and less of a 'scrubber with vacuum' which the Green Machine seems to be.

The Bissell is a good name, so maybe I'm just looking at the wrong model.

Also, for the tenting portion, we'd have to use it upside down, so something with a cord would be better. You only make the mistake of turning a shampooer upside down once in your life :E 😉

Knowing this, anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.

Edit: I looked at the SpotBot above. Neat machine. I wonder if the brushes turn off? I think the brushes would be too hard on the canvas and other fabrics?

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
We had that model of Little Green and we got ALOT of use out of it. As the previous poster said, you
control the amount of spray with a push lever on the brush handle. It was helpful to
have a second brush to use for scrubbing when needed.

We replaced it with a SpotBot that heats the water/solution. It works well.
It's his Super Power!

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
DiskDoctr wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Bissell's Little Green Compact shampooer?

Bissell Green Machine

We have a hybrid with carpeted floors and the usual couch, dinette cushions, 'mattresses' etc.

I was thinking about something that we could use to clean *everything*

Does it shoot the shampoo into the fabric, then suck it back out, or do you use a brush to shampoo and it only vacuums out the water?

I'm thinking about the former, which would not only prevent getting the fabrics too wet, but also be useful for the inside of the tenting canvas. Of course, we'd retreat with Aerospace 303 when finished with the canvas.

We have more small spaces than the large open floor space, so a small unit is better than an upright floor unit.

ANyone using something like this? Know a better one? Maybe rent a shampooer from a big box store? Shampoo you prefer?

Getting ready for end of regular season cleaning, while a few days are still warm enough to air dry 😉

Since one of our Yorkies was just diagnosed with Cushing's Disease and until it starts to effect her quality of life we will just live with the consequences so I just got today the Bissell Spotlifter 2X because it appears to be the most compact and I got model 1719 which is cordless and seems to have fairly good reviews. Haven't used it yet, but we leave for Branson for a mo. in 2 weeks so that will be it's first real test.

PIC:

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

bdpreece
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are on our second Little Green Machine. The old one finally wore out and we could not get along without one. That being said they are really designed for spills or spotting but with a little elbow grease can be used to keep your RV neat and clean. The best feature is the compact size so you can carry it with you on trips.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

EldIr
Explorer
Explorer
I have one and used it once. Much quicker, easier and more effective to clean by hand.
'01 Burb 2500 4x4 496/4.10 (3.73 effective w/ new tires)
'94 Jayco 300BH

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
In a motorhome with little space green machine is great. I use it with a hand brush on spills etc. The major cleaning at home is done by a big machine. However I still have to use the green machine in small areas were the big machine does not fit. I Use it in the car and boat also.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

vicali
Explorer
Explorer
We have one that gets used around the house. I sneak it out to the garage for carpet work in my cars and trucks whenever they need a good cleaning.
Before we had it I rented out a floor machine to clean out our westfalia, the big machine used the exact same handle/nozzle setup as the little green does. It worked well on the carpets, cushions, and canvas of the pop-top.

jspence1
Explorer
Explorer
I had one it worked OK but didn't last long. Buy a full size machine they will have power brushes that will do a better job, be useful at home and clean the just about anything.

I have this one at home

It works well has a reasonable sized water tank.

I use the Home Depot carpet cleaner it works well, It's not as good as the bissell stuff but it's less than half the price. I was able to get permanent marker (sharpie) off my microfiber couch with it it took a couple of hours but you would never know the kids had drawn on it

tbred
Explorer
Explorer
We love ours. Have used it for many years for pet accidents and it does a really good job. I even dried out a 10x10 section of carpet from an overflowed washing machine and for a compact machine it did really well.

The nozzle has a brush attached for scrubbing and it suctions the whole time it's on. You press a button on the nozzle to spray the water/shampoo mix,so that's not continual.