Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

kitchen table

I was looking for suggestions on what kind of wood would make a light weight kitchen table. It has to be strong enough to hold up as a bed also. The first one I made is way to heavy to keep. Thanks

shasta24 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

New truck deal today

Well after wanting a GMC 1500 with 6.2 and not finding what i wanted i bought a Ram 2500 with 6.4 today. They have to dlr trade to get it so be a couple days. Just had no use for my 2011 GMC ccdually anymore and wnted a new truck.

WDH and airbag setup Question

So here is my setup:2010 F250 Diesel 2WD CC Tow vehicle11.5K trailer fully loaded1200 to 1250 Pound Tongue weigh once loadedHensley Arrow hitch1400 pound SpringbarsTruck equiped with airbagsBeen reading lots (and practcing) and pertty much got the se...

cruz-in by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

Go to brands

I'm oncraigslist every night looking for a hybrid ultra light about 20 ft unit. Ball park under 10k. I have owed several used old an tired used pop ups.Here's my question. Are there builders with quality through out.Everything from the photos loo...

rickhise by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

hot water heaters in TC's

So as I start to finalize the option list for my next camper, I'm on the fence about a hot water heater. I'd like to hear from TC'ers in particular as we 1) have limited water, 2) have smaller showers and 3) have a bigger premium on the space the H2...

Vic_R by Explorer
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes

First Time TT Buyer

We have just started looking into purchasing a bumper hitch travel trailer (first time buyers). I have done some reach search online and spoke with a local dealership. There is so much information out there, that it can be a bit over whelming. We h...

Chalet/Takena factory

Hi, Over the last few months, we have decided to get a Takena 2265 EX, we have a Chalet now, and are ready to move up. Ive called the factory a few times recently, and emailed them through their website, and have gotten no reply. A listed dealer n...

plgamble by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

prodigy p3

I just decided to replace my old Hopkins proportional brake controller with the p3 after reading all the good reviews. I also want to be better informed on what's happening electrically with my brakes. I have a twin axle 4 brake electric brake system...

Who is towing with a mid sized SUV or Crossover?

We're in the market for a mid sized SUV to be used as a second tow vehicle. It'll need to tow a utility trailer with two ATVs,and two dirt bikes. The typical load will be up around 2000lbs. Occasionally a few hundred pounds more.The only model that's...

JustLabs by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

External fuel tank mounted in bed - thoughts??

Have been thinking about adding an external fuel tank in the bed so that I can go longer distances and not to worry about stopping for fuel as much. Also, we all know fuel prices go up around tourist destinations. Has anyone got the tank installed? H...

PAAK by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Bleeding Propane from lg tank to small tanks??

We have about 200 gallons in a rental tank that they won't give us any credit for when we return it. I thought if I took off the reg off the big tank & with the proper hose & fittings that I would be able to fill up my smaller camper tanks, barbecue,...

So I am a total idiot

No harm done, but I thought I would share by d'oh moment. On my hot water heater, I needed to replace the element so I removed the plastic shroud and the element. While I had that open I decided to give it a good flush. Of course a bunch of calcified...

a-d-s by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

2015 Ram with Cummins oil change interval

With my 2006 Ram with Cummins I just changed the oil every 7500 miles. With the 2015 I have on order there is an oil life gauge. So does this actually analyze the oil or just go by miles? Does is vary based on the amount of towing? On average how man...