cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Locked Out

twxsby89
Explorer
Explorer
We are locked out of our trailer, fortunately, it is in front of our house, but we are planning on leaving Thursday for a 4 day weekend.
Has anyone ever Jimmied the lock? AAA couldn't do. All windows that I could fit through are locked tight. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
2013 K2500 Suburban
2016 Coachmen 310BHDSLE
2011 JKUR
2012 Wells Cargo Camp Convert
35 REPLIES 35

PumaJanVan
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing happened to us at a campground.. We were with friends and we tried all of their keys... no luck... But a sweet lady across the street came over and offered us her keys to try... She had 3 and by the grace of god the 3rd key worked. She was a angel... so I would say use everyone's key or go to a dealer and they may let you use theirs...

PAAK
Explorer
Explorer
I keep the extra keys in the TV, which has a key pad entry in case the truck key is locked in the TT.
2011 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel
2011 Creek Side 23RKS

jjjandrbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for having this problem. I've never even thought about having spare keys made. The one set I have is in the house. Won't be much use when I'm traveling. Gonna get some made and keep a spare in both the truck and camper.
Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

brianj1945
Explorer
Explorer
if yoyo have coachnet which comes with many new units or Good Sams Road service they can send a locksmith out. I realize you already solved your issue BUT THERE MIGHT BE A NEXT TIME
brianj
brianj
2011 georgetown 280 ve
2010 wrangler toad

kgie1217
Explorer
Explorer
Talking about this scenario had me thinking about a remote keypad for the door. Has anyone used this with any success?

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/electric-trailer-door-locks-right-hand/78230
2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Ultralite 250RB

Community Alumni
Not applicable
SoundGuy wrote:

According to your SIG you've got a 2016 Coachmen (Freedom Express) 310BHDSLE ... that means it has a front pass through storage compartment with hatches that unlock with a CH751 key. Virtually everyone else that has a trailer will have one of these keys so either borrow one or buy one at your local RV dealer so you can get into the pass through. From there, just remove the panel that separates the pass through from the under bed storage compartment ... crawl through, push up the bed platform, and you're in. I'd use the same process with my own Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS.

Just FYI, the 310 Liberty comes with slam latches. It's a different key than the CH751.

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
Glad you were able to get in. In addition to having spare keys, also make note of the number on the door key and storage compartment keys.

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
If you really want to, you can replace that lock with a combination lock version for about $250. Check on Amazon for replacement locks.
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
twins89 wrote:
Buy a realtor box put it on the propane tank. Never be locked out again. We have all camper keys and truck key in it. Best investment we ever made.

We do this with our house. Never been locked out.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
twins89 wrote:
Buy a realtor box put it on the propane tank. Never be locked out again. We have all camper keys and truck key in it. Best investment we ever made.

Lots of places to hide a key on a camper. just be creative and remember that nobody wants to dig around your stinky slinky
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
borrow a little person (we used my cousins son) to stuff through an access hatch or vent.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs

twxsby89
Explorer
Explorer
We're in! Thank you again for all the tips. Found the keys under the bed in the house, don't ask, I don't know. I will indeed get a spare to live in the truck.
2013 K2500 Suburban
2016 Coachmen 310BHDSLE
2011 JKUR
2012 Wells Cargo Camp Convert

wrvond
Explorer II
Explorer II
That deadbolt can only be locked with a key, or by someone on the inside. It can't be locked then shut, so you have one around somewhere.
2022 Keystone Cougar 24RDS
2023 Ram 6.7L Laramie Mega Cab