cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lots of TC Owners Use Honda Generators

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Recall on some late model 2200 generators.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos
16 REPLIES 16

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
deltabravo wrote:
I wish they made the Companion model in Camo.

...because then I'd sell this one and get an EU2200
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I wish they made the Companion model in Camo.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

F350_RR
Explorer
Explorer
Latest news: I called Honda Customer Relations Department. Parts are on backorder. Next shipment is 2-3 weeks out. And the Honda representative said a servicing dealer can order as many parts as they may require which contradicts the information I got from Glen Burnie Motorsports in MD. Glad I did not leave the genny there.
Doug

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
That would stink to buy a new one and have the dealer keep it!

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
So you take your little Honda gen in and then you have no idea when you will see it again. Seems like Honda could do better than that.

bradw
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

F350_RR
Explorer
Explorer
Today I stopped in to the large Honda dealer to verify that my NEW 2200i was in fact one of the recalled units. I did get the Honda letter and it says to have it checked by a servicing dealer.
The service dept said they have to take it apart to actually check the shutoff valve. I asked if they had the new valve and if not I would keep using the unit until the part arrived.
Then we got into the nasty details.

- If they take it apart and verify it needs to be fixed, they wonโ€™t give back the generator as it is recalled for a safety hazard.
- They already have owners units in the shop waiting for parts.
- They have no real idea when parts will be shipped.
- Honda will ship a new part when ordered for a specific recalled unit which means I canโ€™t just take the unit in when parts arrive.
- It was not comforting to find out that they often have to fix new shipments of motorcycles etc before they can be sold.

If anyone has had better service please let us know.
Doug

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the heads up, mine is on the list.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Even better!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

F350_RR
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
The new 2200s have a fuel shutoff valve? That's cool. Never had an issue with the 2000s needing a shutoff but, nice feature.

Itโ€™s a two position fuel shutoff. Turn to 1 to shut off fuel and let engine continue to run
until carb is empty then turn to position 2 to โ€œshutoffโ€ engine.
Doug

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
The new 2200s have a fuel shutoff valve? That's cool. Never had an issue with the 2000s needing a shutoff but, nice feature.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
I talked to my local shop yesterday, they are waiting on parts also but I'm going to drop it off today to be at the front of the line and get the repair before camping season.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

KKELLER14K
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just put some red locktight on the screws..I will just them do it for the stickers that gives it a green light that it was done by the professionals..it's a free fix why should I do it?....breath...relax...just take it in.

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
If somebody could post a pic of the new valve or part number that would be helpful. Might save a few hours of time for a $4 part.

KKELLER14K
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just bought mine last year...and yes I'm affected...no leaks yet. Thanks BradW for the heads up.