cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help deciding

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
So we've narrowed down our search to the Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE and the Jay Flight 32BHDS.
I like the 28, wife likes the 32. Many many pros and cons to both. 28BHBE offers a larger shower not typically found in TT's, which is one main reason I like it better. The 32 has a second slide in the rear for the bunks.

Kids are 6 and 4 now. But we're planning on this being our last camper, well into their teens.

What do you all think?
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion
13 REPLIES 13

modern_family
Explorer
Explorer
CampingN.C. wrote:
Think we're gonna go with the 32BHDS if they get the money right. I love the other one but with all that camper and only one TV hook up is kind of what turned me off it.

Plus, keeping the wife happy is also high on the priority list too!!

That is a must..

I would agree, get the 32, even if they are off on the $$$ a little bit. It will be worth it. My kids are 7 and 10 now, at the time we bought ours (almost 2 years ago), I could not safely tow the double slides model we liked. Now, we are itching for the larger TT as soon as we can. The kids will be much more comfortable (as will the adults) We love our children of course, but we also love some adult time and it would be nice to have them in the own little kid room and close the door.
2017.. Prime Time Avenger. 32QBI

His.. 2011 F-350, King Ranch, 6.2L. Crew Cab, 4x4, 8' bed, SRW, 11,000 GVWR

Hers..2008 Ford Expedition, King Ranch Heavy Duty Tow, 3.73 gears

Sold.. 2005 Star craft, Travel Star 18SB

Sold.. 2013 Keystone Laredo, 291

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Our TT is a similar floorplan to the Jayflight 28. We are looking at upgrading hopefully next year. The top two general floorplans are one like the Jayflight 32 and one that swaps the bunks and the master bedrooms, Outback 301 for example. After visiting an RV show my wife agreed on the latter, front bunks rear master.

Anyway, my point is, as much as we love out current TT, get the bigger one now!
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
Think we're gonna go with the 32BHDS if they get the money right. I love the other one but with all that camper and only one TV hook up is kind of what turned me off it.

Plus, keeping the wife happy is also high on the priority list too!!

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

sask934
Explorer
Explorer
Keeping your wife happy is rule number one...

The Slide in the bunk will also give the kids a little more room and maybe give both you and your wife a little more quiet time on rainy days!

What ever you choose, enjoy!

BayouBoys
Explorer
Explorer
The kids get bigger and when they get bigger they require more space. There "stuff" also gets bigger.

I have 4 boys and are looking at a similar unit. Go as big as you can and the kids will grow into it. It will cost you less that trading up in a few years because the kids grew.
2014 Passport 3220BH
2019 Ford F250 6.7L

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
CampingN.C. wrote:
So we've narrowed down our search to the Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE and the Jay Flight 32BHDS.
I like the 28, wife likes the 32. Many many pros and cons to both. 28BHBE offers a larger shower not typically found in TT's, which is one main reason I like it better. The 32 has a second slide in the rear for the bunks.

Kids are 6 and 4 now. But we're planning on this being our last camper, well into their teens.

What do you all think?

Hah, that will work until the wife gets tired of the little shower and then it will be something else.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Turbo_Diesel_Du
Explorer
Explorer
If Momma ain't happy, no ones happy.......Gospel. No brainer for sure. LOL
charles weidman

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
You have to figure how big and how much more space the the 6 and 4 year old boys will be needing in about 6 more years. And you never know when the family size may increase in the future. We started out with two kids and a small popup, next came another kid then a bigger popup. What do you know, another kid came along, you guessed it, a bigger popup. Once we figured out what caused the kids, the popup wasn't big enough for mom, dad and the four kids, so along came a bigger popup. Once they grew up we started to downsize, but they like to come back and stay in the TT upon occasion. Moral of the story, figure out what size trailer you need then go buy a bigger one. You will save some money in the long run and have lots of growing room.
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at it from a towing POV also. Four extra feet and 1000 lbs heavier. I've got enough truck, it's just a lot of camper.
Outside kitchen would be nice though !!

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
You'll be much happier with 32 feet! When the wife starts chasing you with the rolling pin in one hand and the cast iron skillet in the other hand yelling, "I'M GONNA GET YOU!" you'll be glad you have the extra 4 feet to run!

No brainer! Keep the wife happy!

bmupton
Explorer
Explorer
mrquacker wrote:
Keep the wife happy.

Quoted for truth!

My way of deciding is taking the cons list from both and comparing which has "better" cons, then taking the pros list and deciding which stuff you can live without and go from there.
TT: 2013 Zinger ZT33BH
TV: 1986 6.2 Diesel Chev 3/4 ton van

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
What's to decide? Wife likes the 32. You will want those extra 4 feet and slide.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

mrquacker
Explorer
Explorer
Keep the wife happy.