cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need help finding TC owner.

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
While the DW and I were hunting last week, we stumbled across a camera that had been dropped way up on top of a mountain here in Colorado. After looking at the pictures trying to find any information on whom it might belong to, I found some pictures of these two trucks and their TCs. The Silverado appears in most of the pictures, so I am sure it is the owner's of the camera.

There was a few pictures of a "receipt" for a bicycle race in Leadville, Colorado with a name on it. I did google the name and found an address with a telephone number, but the number no longer works. Searched for the name on Facebook and didn't get any hits. She does appear to be a LinkedIn member, but I can't send her a message without being a paying member.

If anyone recognizes either of these vehicles, please let me know. There are thousands of pictures on this camera and I am sure they would like to have it back.

2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ
2011 Ram 2500 CC LB CTD G56 3.42 Mineral Gray
33 REPLIES 33

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
#40Fan wrote:
realter wrote:
For less than 50 cents you could send a postcard to the address.

I took your advice and sent a letter to her at the address that I found on whitepages.com. She called me back today. She was very grateful that I had found it because of all of the pictures that were on the SD card. I will be shipping it out tomorrow.

"like"!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
That was fast.

๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
A good turn! :>)
2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent news. Nice work.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
realter wrote:
For less than 50 cents you could send a postcard to the address.

I took your advice and sent a letter to her at the address that I found on whitepages.com. She called me back today. She was very grateful that I had found it because of all of the pictures that were on the SD card. I will be shipping it out tomorrow.
2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ
2011 Ram 2500 CC LB CTD G56 3.42 Mineral Gray

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
I have to ask. Is a New York minute faster than a Colorado minute?

....you bet....20 x as fast ๐Ÿ˜‰
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
rockhillmanor wrote:
In the mean time I would take that picture down and block out the viable plate number then post it back on the forum as a courtesy to those owners.

yeah...it's not like anybody sees that plate driving down the highway...
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

Specularius
Explorer
Explorer
OK. I have to ask. Is a New York minute faster than a Colorado minute?
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 Scorpion Diesel Reese Ford Hitch
2014 Grand Design Momentum 355TH

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....both campers are Hallmark; and one of those Hallmark units is quite newish. Hallmark owners are a very close group (as Outfitter owners are).

If this were me, I would send these photos and your appeal (in an e-mail) to the Hallmark manufacturing company owners (based in Colorado), and I'll be that they could ID one or both trucks (and, their owners) in a New York minute.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
You could go to the local police and they 'might' be able to do a search on the plates based on the lost camera. They do have some strict rules on how they use that data base.

In the mean time I would take that picture down and block out the viable plate number then post it back on the forum as a courtesy to those owners.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Zabasearch.com Clickyis a great starting point.

I once had a forum member in anza borrego find my memory card I lost way out in the backcountry!
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

Markh12
Explorer
Explorer
You could also try a Google image search on the truck and/or the people. It may point to a Facebook page or other page.
1999 Lance 1020
2000 Dodge 3500 Cummins Sport 2wd 5spd
48" Super hitch, Torklift, XL Turn buckles

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I would go to local police dept show them pix with license #. Give your phone # to them and have police notify them you found their camera and they could call you.

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
When you find them, don't forget to tell them about the truck camper forum on RV.net!
2006 F350 Dually PSD
2008 Keystone Laredo 29RL 5th Wheel

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
what about having the local police track and contact the owner using the license plate number?

That would surely be the easiest way to find them. The police computers could locate that owner in less than 30 seconds.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!