cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2014 Wolf Creek 850- Battery Kill Switch?

jpmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. After months and months of searching for a new TC we landed on a fairly stripped down 2014 Wolf Creek 850. Just brought it home today and installed 2x 6V Golf Cart batteries from Sams Club. Wile checking everything out I cannot for the life of me find the battery kill switch. Does anyone know if they all come with a battery kill switch or just select models? Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II
jpmiller wrote:
Hi. After months and months of searching for a new TC we landed on a fairly stripped down 2014 Wolf Creek 850. Just brought it home today and installed 2x 6V Golf Cart batteries from Sams Club. Wile checking everything out I cannot for the life of me find the battery kill switch. Does anyone know if they all come with a battery kill switch or just select models? Thanks!

I have a 2014 WC 850 also, I have not found a kill switch either.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

jpmiller
Explorer
Explorer
anutami - Yes got it from A1. Seemed very reasonable, plus I can add what I want. I do have it on a f-350 and I don't think the truck dropped but a bit. Went up the mountain at pretty good pace. Going to add the little coleman a/c, phat ladder, solar, and rack system on top. Since the camper sits almost flush to the end of the bed, thinking of aluminess bumper with boxes for a honda 2000 generator. To me the truck and camper are a perfect match. However my wife and kids think that using a ladder to get in is a bit much 🙂

joeshmoe - I like what you did with yours, and I think I will follow your idea.

Thanks!

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer

Nothing from the factory here either. I installed my own. It serves as both a circuit breaker and battery disconnect. I think Mike got lucky as his is the first model year and they figured, why not? I'm guessing by the next model year, they figured, why? Although I disagree. It should at least be an option.

It'd be nice if Northwood would produce an owners manual that actually reflects the model that you have. Maybe they do. I don't know. I got handed an AF specific manual which is chock full of both useful and useless info., respectively. According to the manual, my unit is "equipped", among other things, with a kill switch.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
I lived without a battery isolator for several years, but I installed one when I built a new electrical control panel and feel much happier I can quickly isolate all the electrics (I have an isolator for the hook-up and solar on the same panel.

So worth fitting one in my opinion.

Steve.
'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congrats on the purchase! Was that the one from a-1 in nevada? I almost bought it, but decided to get one with more options. I am kinda second guessing myself after weighing mine and finding out how much all my options added in weight!

No kill switch in mine
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
My factory installed cut off switch is behind the sink to the left of the automatic transfer relay. Mine is a Blue Sea Systems model. If you don't have one they're easy enough to install. Install it on the positive main lead from the battery.

2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Host's is inside the camper on the left at the step. I'd look in the basement. Then, look for your manual or call Wolf Creek.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

jpmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Not under the sink, so must not come with it. Thanks!

More2Explore
Explorer
Explorer
The wolf creeks don't have a kill switch, or at least I haven't found one on mine. The literature is Arctic Fox based so will reference things only on them but not the WC.
2014 Wolf Creek 850 SB
2013 F-350 SCB SB 4X4 6.2 L

Bedlam
On the Arctic Fox it is under the sink. Check there.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD