cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ram redesign

RamGuy2500
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody heard a timeline for the new Ram redesign release date? With all this news about the new Super Duty it would be nice to hear something from FCA. Are they going to use Aluminum? What about any new engines or output upgrades? I wish they'd start some suspense or something to perk our interest.
2018 Ford F-350 XLT, 6.7 Powerstroke 😄
77 REPLIES 77

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"I don't agree with Fish much but am fully on board with this. The grills and tailgates on some of the newer Rams are hideous. "

Completely agree!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
The current ram was designed by Daimler so it will be interesting to see what the next gen truck looks like with the fiat designers.

I will say that the latest grills for the rebel and the limited is not inspiring.

I am thinking the 10-12 you are correct. Thinking FCA is responsible for the 13+ trucks.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

FishOnOne
Nomad
Nomad
mtofell1 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
The current ram was designed by Daimler so it will be interesting to see what the next gen truck looks like with the fiat designers.

I will say that the latest grills for the rebel and the limited is not inspiring.

I don't agree with Fish much but am fully on board with this. The grills and tailgates on some of the newer Rams are hideous.

Honestly, over the years anything new always looks objectionable to me and I eventually seem to get use to it. Hell, I even owned an early model Nissan Titan which is/was one of the ugliest vehicles ever made 🙂 Like a 4WD hearse.... decent 1/2 ton truck anyway.

Speaking of new stuff when are the specs of the 2017 HD Fords going to be released??

Hang tight the new 2017 Super Duty specs are going to be released this summer. I'm certain the power ratings will be impressive. :B
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Bad part bout that list ^ is I know 2 folks with new GM SUVs. 1 Enclave and 1 Acadia. Both of them are having repeat issues with them.
Not bashing GM, just saying American Made and quality are certainly not synonymous.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

Actually the Ford F150 has the most parts made in the USA. The last I checked the Ridgeline didn't make the Top 10.

It's interesting in the article that GM finally woke up and acknowledged that most truck owners want their trucks to be "Made in the USA". I couldn't have said it better. :B

Ouch this is going to hurt!
February 9, 2016
With move to Mexico, Ford no longer Made in USA
By Mark Wachtler

February 9, 2016. San Luis Potosi, Mexico. (ONN) News reports this weekend announced that Ford would be opening a new manufacturing plant in Mexico and expanding another factory near Mexico City. Upon completion, the plants will produce three-times as many Fords as the country currently manufactures. Once the most well known American company, a recent report from Forbes Magazine confirms that Fords are not made in the USA anymore, only partially built or assembled.
LINKY LINKY Tory LOL

Fuzzy numbers

Here’s a trick question - how many Ford cars and trucks are manufactured in the United States each year? That’s difficult to answer for two reasons. One, the company only reports the number of vehicles manufactured in each continent. In the case of North America, the number is 2.9 million, just under half of all the Fords made in the entire world annually.

The other problem is that cars and trucks aren’t made in one spot anymore. The parts are made in different factories and then shipped to an assembly plant in a separate location all together. And unfortunately, ‘American made’ cars like Ford are no longer American-made.

Made in USA

According to the most recent results of Fortune Magazine’s annual list of American made vehicles, there are only seven cars or trucks actually made in the USA. And none of them are Fords. To qualify as being ‘American made’, at least 75% of the vehicle must be manufactured in the US.

Forbes 2015 list of American-made vehicles:

1. Toyota Camry

2. Toyota Sienna

3. Chevrolet Traverse

4. Honda Odyssey

5. GMC Acadia

6. Buick Enclave

7. Chevrolet Corvette

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

FishOnOne
Nomad
Nomad
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

So I'll give GM a Atta Boy... You know since I like to buy domestic trucks. LOL

New Honda Ridgeline probably has more of it's parts built in America than the big three.

Actually the Ford F150 has the most parts made in the USA. The last I checked the Ridgeline didn't make the Top 10.

It's interesting in the article that GM finally woke up and acknowledged that most truck owners want their trucks to be "Made in the USA". I couldn't have said it better. :B

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

I don't agree with Fish much but am fully on board with this. The grills and tailgates on some of the newer Rams are hideous.

Honestly, over the years anything new always looks objectionable to me and I eventually seem to get use to it. Hell, I even owned an early model Nissan Titan which is/was one of the ugliest vehicles ever made 🙂 Like a 4WD hearse.... decent 1/2 ton truck anyway.

Speaking of new stuff when are the specs of the 2017 HD Fords going to be released??

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:

New Honda Ridgeline probably has more of it's parts built in America than the big three.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

Says the guy with the ugliest truck on the road today. The New 2016 SD is even uglier but they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

As for the big RAM emblem on the tailgate, yep that's a bit much. Kinda like having big-ass Super Duty in five different places on them Ford's. Ford must know their buyers need to be reminded what they are driving right Troy?

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
steadypraying426 wrote:
coolbreeze01 wrote:
The Ram is so much more truck than F or GM already, we'll be OK.

X2!

You know what they say about opinions.

FishOnOne
Nomad
Nomad
Grit dog wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

If it looks like a Fiat, I'll barf and buy a Ford!
No, wait I won't, but maybe a Chevy.........
Lol

LOL...Hey Chevy finally wised up and is moving there Mexico truck production to Michigan... Link.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
FishOnOne wrote:

If it looks like a Fiat, I'll barf and buy a Ford!
No, wait I won't, but maybe a Chevy.........
Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

FishOnOne
Nomad
Nomad

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
Dunno about Ram. But sounds like GM is going to mixed Al-Steel somehow.http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2016/05/gm-showcases-strategy-to-make-new-vehicles-lighter.html
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

RamGuy2500
Explorer
Explorer
What about aluminum or steel? I've heard that their sticking with steel and GM is also going with aluminum for the next Silverado. Is this true?
2018 Ford F-350 XLT, 6.7 Powerstroke 😄