cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New TC Rally for Tennessee in 2014

goldwinghauler
Explorer
Explorer
I am very interested in starting a new Truck Camper Rally in Tennessee to start in 2014. I would like to try to have some feedback to see if this would work and how many attendees that would be interested in coming.

I would like to do this in the Gatlinburg area, which is at the northern edge of the Great Smoky Mtns National Park. Lots of things to do in the area and the time of the year has not been finalized yet.
2017 Dodge Ram 3500HD Cummins Diesel CC LB 4WD Dually w/ Supersprings SSA-24 and Hellwig Big Wig Sway Bar
2018 Eagle Cap 1165
101 REPLIES 101

pjbeagle
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the kind welcome and yes, we'd love to talk to TCers and get some real-life info before we buy. Just trying to figure out the whole payload thing is like learning "new math" - there seem to be formulas out there that we're missing, so we'll come loaded with our questions.

Goldwinghauler, I pray that your wife is doing well.

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
pjbeagle - TC owners 'n' TC wannabes er both welcome. Dis wud be a gud time ta look at lots a TC an talks ta the TCers too!
delosholly - Callin' it a rally wud be jus' a bit pretenshus but ur welcome ta cum jus' da same. Will keep ur prefence fer a quieter spot in mind.
goldwinghauler - Here's prayin' things go mighty fine wid ur wife and I'm hopin you both kin make it to da TC gatherin'.
1stgenfarmboy - Whoeeeee! That'd shore be a long drive but if'n ya want ta make it we'd be right tickled ta see ya there!
autiger74 - Consider yerself signed up!

When Ole Man Winter let's go a my ear I'll trek up ta pick out da CG. Meanwhile, I's a listenin' ta all yer comments!
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

autiger74
Explorer
Explorer
Sign me up! Just keep us posted on plans.

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
I would also love to come down to the SMNP for the 26th time, as you can guess we love it there, it's 7 hours from us and Sep 5th is our 27th anniversary , so it could be a gift to ourselves.

Dar
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also

goldwinghauler
Explorer
Explorer
Also pjbeagle I would wait if possible to discuss your purchase with all of us attending and it should help your decision. Just show up in the popup.
2017 Dodge Ram 3500HD Cummins Diesel CC LB 4WD Dually w/ Supersprings SSA-24 and Hellwig Big Wig Sway Bar
2018 Eagle Cap 1165

goldwinghauler
Explorer
Explorer
Well back to Vanderbilt for DW'S cancer surgery. Hopefully if all is well then we should be able to do something in September. Yes and the Northeast Truck Camper Jamboree is the 3 weekend in September so we either need to do it before or after it.
2018 Eagle Cap 1165

delosholly
Explorer
Explorer
We are interested in attending this rally. We do suggest Townsend over the crowded Gatlinburg area.
Delos & Holly
2013 Camplite Truck Camper 10.0
2014 Ram 2500 Reg SRW LB
2012 Burgman 650

pjbeagle
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a newbie here and a "pre-newbie" with TCs. We are planning to buy a TC this coming year and we would love to attend the rally/get-together in TN. If we have not yet purchased our TC and are still using our pop-up, could we still come and meet all you folks? Enjoying all we are learning from the forums.

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Joe417 -
FredandMichelleE - Congratulations on the purchase of your TC!
jmckelvy - One of the reasons I want to talk to the CG is to assess availability.
billyg - That's one reason I'm looking at SEP rather than this spring ... gives folks more time to plan.
usmcshepherd - Thanks for the info. Will try to avoid that weekend.
Ramp Digger - SEP is after schools restart but before fall colors peak. We'll certainly have some company there but some early fall color should make it worth while.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

Ramp_Digger
Explorer
Explorer
Please count us in.Late sept is a great time to visit the area, and would be good for us.However keep in mind this area is very popular in early fall and can be very crowded not only in campgrounds but also on the roads.April or may might be better before the summer rush starts.Just my 2 cents worth, what does everyone else think?
Ramp
05 dodge 3500 cummins diesel, 8.5 alaskan on flatbed

usmcshepherd
Explorer
Explorer
Follow-upโ€ฆ.just food for thoughtโ€ฆthe folks from the North-East Truck Camper Jamboree will be having their big Gettysburg rally in Sept between the 17th and 21st of Sept.

http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/rv-shows-a-rallies

If you email Angela at the below address she'll get your rally added to the listโ€ฆ.
angela@truckcampermagazine.com
2011 Ram 3500 / 2013 Lance 1172
Semper Fi
MGySgt/USMC

usmcshepherd
Explorer
Explorer
"If you build it, they will come"โ€ฆthat being said I think locking down a date and time and just going with it is all that will be required from this community. We are looking forward to making several meetings this year. Once you know for sure be sure to let the folks at Truck Camper Magazine know and they'll post it for you along with the other rallies.
2011 Ram 3500 / 2013 Lance 1172
Semper Fi
MGySgt/USMC

billyg
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,Please count us interested. I am still in the work force and I will need a date to get vacation time. please keep us in the loop. Bill & liz

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
We are also still interested. Late September would be better for us.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

FredandMicheleE
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! This would be great for my wife and I. We are just getting into truck camping and meeting with kindred spirits would be fun and educational for us. We are so new that we are picking up our camper Monday (2011 Travel Lite 875P). Count us in. September works for us.