cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

News today of Ford's rumored 7.3 L gas engine

mosseater
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was at my dealership today and asked my sales advisor if he heard the rumors of the new 7.3 L v8 and he checked his sources while I waited and returned to say it's all bunk. No such engine is planned as far as any of them know. Either they're hopelessly out of touch with what the internet is saying, or they're being purposely tight lipped until it's official. I was hoping to have a pushrod engine in my future when ordering my next truck, but it appears it's all a hoax.

Thoughts?
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH
26 REPLIES 26

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer

linc

here print this out for the salesmen -so they can get caught up.;)
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

harmanrk
Explorer
Explorer
You never know what might be canceled before it makes it to market, but at this point they have spent a LOT of money on the Windsor plant to make a new V8

2017 Ford F250 CC-SB SRW PSD
2013 Solaire 190x

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
So I guess all the machines delivered in the last 2 years to windsor engine are a misdirection?
In this area (where its being production trialed ) it is a poorly kept secret ,they also got the prime mister of the country in on it.
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
I`m sure he had more pressing matters to be concerned with, like selling a job and making money. And they are usually the last to know what is going on!

I find dealerships to be woefully inadequate sources of OEM data.

OP, blue oval news forum often has accurate advance product information.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I`m sure he had more pressing matters to be concerned with, like selling a job and making money. And they are usually the last to know what is going on!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
mosseater wrote:
I understand the hesitation to view the sales consultant as an unreliable source. Mine isn't the average sales advisor though. Mot saying he's right this time, but in the past he has been amazingly accurate with other info, especially Ford's level of "buy in" on aluminum for their products and their dedication to aluminum for the forseeable future. IOW, he has connections outside the norm. Time will tell, it always does.

Or more likely just the same info you could get if you dug deep enough. I have yet to run into someone that has inside access to sensitive data that will disseminate that info. And this thread is the very reason for it. People talk.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œDonโ€™t buy now...a new, big engine is coming!โ€

Who is going to say that?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mosseater
Explorer II
Explorer II
I understand the hesitation to view the sales consultant as an unreliable source. Mine isn't the average sales advisor though. Mot saying he's right this time, but in the past he has been amazingly accurate with other info, especially Ford's level of "buy in" on aluminum for their products and their dedication to aluminum for the forseeable future. IOW, he has connections outside the norm. Time will tell, it always does.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
An ordinary sales person will not have more access to sensitive info than you. If the sales department knows about a future product than odds are that info has been widely spread.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Auto manufacturers are secretive. I suggest they wouldnโ€™t even tell a dealer.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if it's just a rumor or not. There is talk about it on different truck forums.

I would not take the word of a 'sales advisor', he wants to sell you a truck today, not in year or two. Then he can call you next year and try to sell you the new 7.3 gas engine. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ib516
Explorer II
Explorer II
Salesman......not typically the best to be up on specs and news generally speaking.

I test drove a 2018 PowerWagon the other day. GVWR 8530#, payload as per the door sticker, 12xx#. Told the sales guy I'd have to keep looking as I need more payload than that. He got back to me - says he double checked all his facts and swears that PW has over 4000# payload and 15640 tow rating. He even "called RAM HQ" to double check. He was just quoting the theoretical max numbers, but unfortunately, he hasn't got a clue.

So, I'm not so confident when the "sales guy" tells me what he knows to be true.
Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV