cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Northern Lite ?

JRJR
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 Northern Lite and there is a rocker switch that I cannot figure out what it is for. When you enter the door on the right wall there is a switch for rear awning in and out.Right next to it is a rocker switch that says on and off. Anyone know what this switch does?
Thanks
John
12 REPLIES 12

JRJR
Explorer
Explorer
The switch does indeed turn on and off a row of LED lights built into the rear awning thanks for the help.
John

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
RoyB wrote:
If it isn't your BATTERY DISCONNECT - Go check your scare lights out as well if you have them...

Roy Ken

Truck campers have different lighting fixtures on the outside than travel trailers. Northern Lite doesn't use round scare lights like that.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
markchengr wrote:
Northern Lite manuals are a joke. They only tell you about installed components.

As are the Northwood manuals. They give their AF manual as a standard booklet. Complete with text running off the page. Contains nothing but very basic camper info. Nothing specific to my model. Laughable.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Wardster
Explorer
Explorer
The LED light in the awning was an upgrade in 2016, so his build sheet should have it listed on it.
2016 Northern Lite 8'11" Q Classic Special Edition
2003 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 - Duramax/Allison

markchengr
Explorer
Explorer
Northern Lite manuals are a joke. They only tell you about installed components.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Nobody reads owner's manuals, and how dare you suggest such a thing?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Your owner's manual doesn't say?
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my trailer I found an unmarked switch like that so I was turning it off and on and trying to listen for something like maybe the water pump comin off and on.. Then the wife comes in from outside and asked my there was birght lights on the rear of the trailer coming on and off. These are the two so called scare lights mounted up high on each side of my trailer...

You can see where my 8-inch scare light is located on this flagstaff trailer... One on each side...

If it isn't your BATTERY DISCONNECT - Go check your scare lights out as well if you have them...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Wardster
Explorer
Explorer
JRJR wrote:
I have a 2016 Northern Lite and there is a rocker switch that I cannot figure out what it is for. When you enter the door on the right wall there is a switch for rear awning in and out.Right next to it is a rocker switch that says on and off. Anyone know what this switch does?
Thanks
John

I have a 2016 NL as well. It's for the LED light that is built into the rear awning. You won't be able to see it unless you open the awning all the way out because it's installed horizontally in the roller and casts light back onto the rear of the TC. Hopefully that makes sense
2016 Northern Lite 8'11" Q Classic Special Edition
2003 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 - Duramax/Allison

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Power switch for power awning?

NautiqueFamily
Explorer
Explorer
On mine, it's the rear porch light switch (8-11Q)

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
On mine, I have a battery disconnect - red rocker switch.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo