cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northstar 850 SC bathroom question

Vic_R
Explorer
Explorer
Quick question for Northstar 850SC owners - can the potty be used with the roof down? Judging from pics I've seen with it open, it looks like the lift bar would be in the way, but wanted to double check before I drive 120 miles to look at my nearest dealer. Thanks in advance.
Hallmark Everest pop-up truck camper on a 2014 Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel, 4wd, Aisin Auto, crew cab, short bed
6 REPLIES 6

Vic_R
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all - that was what I was looking for.

On the payload question you are correct - I mistyped and that is the cargo weight rating, not payload. Sorry for the confusion.
Hallmark Everest pop-up truck camper on a 2014 Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel, 4wd, Aisin Auto, crew cab, short bed

DemingNM2009
Explorer
Explorer
The cassette toilet seat is too high in the 850Sc to use with the top down. That said, it is easy to put the top up and down when you have an emergency
George and Linda
Maine and New Mexico
Northstar 850sc
2014 GMC, 3/4 ton

woodhog
Explorer
Explorer
Anything you want to find out about Northstar it is very easy to go directly to the source, the boss.

Call them at the factory, they will answer any questions...

Their 650SC now has the wall raised to allow access to the cassette..
No doubt they would do the same for an 850SC if not already.

They also make a 950SC now.

Give them a call, its nice to be able to talk with the man who actually runs the place...

Torklift and Northstar are tops for customer service in the TC business.
2004.5 Dodge 4x4 SRW Diesel, 245/70R19.5 Michelin XDS2, Bilstein Shocks
Torklift Stable loads, BD Steering Stabilizer Bar, Superchips "TOW" Programed,Rickson 19.5 wheels

2006 8.5 Northstar Arrow, 3 Batteries 200 Watts Solar,
12 Volt DC Fridge.

MKish
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I was looking a few years ago, you couldn't use the toilet with the top down on the 850sc so we didn't get one. Maybe they fixed that with the new ones. I travel with little kids and a huge part of the appeal of a TC is having the potty accessible always. 🙂

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read LabMan1945 , he has the 850

SugarHill also had one.

FireGuard
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure about your camper question but I'm also consider a Northstar.
Curious why your payload is so low on a 3500?
I just picked up the same truck in a 15 model and have nearly 4000 lb payload.
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650