cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Range need advice quick! 331 BHS

Redjk0769
Explorer
Explorer
We have found a 2013 Open Range at a local dealer the 331BHS model. Just looking to see other opinions on Open Range Campers, I know they are a newer brand of camper. But with the options they have it just seems like they have a little more bang for the buck! It is a 50 amp unit but doesn't not have a second A/C on it, do I need one on there? It has the electric jacks, awning, front jack, Outdoor Kitchen. So has ANYONE had any problems with open range????
13 REPLIES 13

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
We love our Open Range. The only problem we have had was a bad propane regulator. It would only draw propane from one tank. Open Range replaced it and not a single problem since then. My family has had many different manufacturers and types (truck camper, hybrid, 3 different motorhomes and now the Open Range TT) of RV's so I have had some experience. I like the Open Range the best because it is perfect for us. All RV's will have some problems but I like knowing I have a two year warranty (we just got it this past March) and they seem to stand behind their products. Check out the owner's forum as others have mentioned.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Jack_Diane_Freedom wrote:
I would disregard the comment on the cable kit. Early ORs had a problem but that seems to be no more. We have had no cable problems in 30 months of ownership. I really like the cable system because of its simplicity and all the moving parts, pulley, motors are inside the trailer not open to the elements.

I have a 2012 with no issues thus far.
A cable kit is a good thing to have for just in case. Sort of like a spare tire.
A $35.00 kit can save you a lot of headache if you need one in a pinch.
Being stuck at a dealer waiting on a kit will be a big hassle vs. being back on the road. The kits are available on Amazon
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
I would disregard the comment on the cable kit. Early ORs had a problem but that seems to be no more. We have had no cable problems in 30 months of ownership. I really like the cable system because of its simplicity and all the moving parts, pulley, motors are inside the trailer not open to the elements.

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
We have a 2009 385RLS with one A/C. At 385 sq ft we could use another A/C unit for the hottest days of summer. For the smaller size you are looking at one should be plenty. If it were me I would spend the money on slide covers before spending it on a second A/C for that size trailer.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We opted to not get the 2nd A/C unit. Not sorry about it so far.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

spadoctor
Explorer
Explorer
just make sure you get a cable repair kit or the slides....

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Go for it. If I could afford it right now I would own one. Looked at the 308, 316 models. I was quoted a price of $28,000 on a 305 model...just to give you a number to go by. Enjoy. oh they have a 2 year warranty also.
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS

Semperfi_66
Explorer
Explorer
Had mine a little over a year with no problems. Had many RVs and this is the best
2016 Open Range 3X349 RLS
620 Watt Solar
2000 Inverter
2 8D Gell Cells
2016 Ram 3500 4X4 6.7 Cummins
HD Direct TV
Onan 5500 Generator

2016 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 Can Am Commander Limited Side by Side

Patriot Guard Rider

campincandice
Explorer
Explorer
We love ours, however it is still very new! The owners forum is openrangeowners.com - great place to ask your questions!
Candice

Steve - Partner in Crime
Molly - black lab
Sabbath - chocolate lab/weimaraner

2014 Open Range LT274RLS

CopanoCruisin
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our 2013 JT337RLS in January 2013. It sure is nice, triple slides and all. It has not been issue free, although all but one were what I would call minor, one tire was wearing badly on the inside. OR replaced it and the whole axle without issue and all the little items that were found during the "Two Year" warranty. Our previous other brand never had one iota of an issue in three years. Just lots of tinkering it seems to me. Oh yes! Found one of the china bomb Triangle brand tire with tread separation today. Oh we'll, it is a nice ride and they do stand behind their product very good.....cC

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 316 RLS and love it. No problems. Only have one A/C. Model numbers are actually the square footage of the unit.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I have two friends that have different RVs. One is a 5'er and the couple LOVE theirs. They have had a few minor problems, which were an easy fix.

The other friend has a TT and they have had all sorts of problems with theirs. It has been in the shop as much as it has been used.

We looked at them, and I really liked some of their layouts, but we have always had a Forest River product, so we went with a Wildcat 5'er.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Open Range owners have a forum for potential owners to ask questions too, but we love our 345RLS. It is 50amp and we have the 2nd AC but it really hasn't been necessary yet. The big AC is ducted to the bedroom and works well. We love the auto level, pulls great so it is nicely balanced and the interior is nice. We love our Open Range. PM me if you want specific answers to questions. Good luck