cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out Door Showers

cheeseburger9_
Explorer
Explorer
Are there out door shower use restrictions? In checking different campgrounds, the only place I found anything mentioned was Rocky Mountain National Park and you can't use an out door shower. Curious what everyone's experience has been.
19 REPLIES 19

More2Explore
Explorer
Explorer
Some time back I researched this very subject and almost bought an outdoor shower with a water (gray) collection basin. It would have been perfect for camping in the primitive campgrounds with limited or no facilities or boon docking in remote locations. I had a pop-up camper with no indoor facilities at the time. If I can find it again I'll post a link in this thread. There are many places that address gray water disposal and some have specific dump locations….those are usually developed campsites that ofter have toilet and shower facilities. Even the more primitive campgrounds usually with only pit toilets will have some kind of statement as to the disposal of gray water and thus outdoor shower water. If you can contain it and dispose of it to their satisfaction you would be good to go. If unclear I'd talk to a host or Ranger to be certain.
2014 Wolf Creek 850 SB
2013 F-350 SCB SB 4X4 6.2 L

skipbee
Explorer
Explorer
We often use our outdoor shower when camped on the beach at Assateague Island National Seashore on the Mid-Atlantic Coast. It is perfect! We also use it to wash pots and dishes in rustic camp sites. We have a shower stall in a bag that is helpful. I can't imagine why I would use it in a commercial campground with shower facilities.
skipbee
2004 F350 Diesel CC SRW 19.5" Rickson W/T 4WD
2005 Lance 1121 well found.
See us on YouTube" Living the Lance Life" 3 of 4. Google skip bosley for TR's: Alaska, Assateague Island, Disney World & Fla Keys and a California Coastal jaunt.

jim1632
Explorer
Explorer
Just did a little more investigation about catch pans. Walmart has one that seems large enough. Its designed for appliances but should work at a campground, esp since CAMCO makes it. Still need to figure out a way to channel water into a blue container for disposal.

See http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Mfg-Inc-20752-30X32-Inch-Washing-Machine-Drain-Pan-Each/21780800

jim1632
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect the gray water problem prevents use in a lot of campgrounds. I have looked at available outdoor showers and have not seem one that has a system to collect the water runoff from the shower.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
many campgrounds do not want grey water dumped on the ground. that is exactly what an outside shower does.
bumpy