cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outdoor rug

petey42
Explorer
Explorer
This first time camper would like to know what you folks prefer as a rug/carpet to put outside your camper door, I'm thinking about 7x10?
I have looked at a fold up plastic woven type at Walmart, and just a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet. Any other suggestions or comments?
37 REPLIES 37

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
10 x 12 indoor / outdoor from Lowes for I think $ 50.00. Going on its fourth season without issue. If its wet it rides home rolled up in the truck bed.
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I got my 9X12 OUTSIDE PATIO rug from LOWES/WALMART... Cost less than $50 I think... Easy cleanup with water hose... They last for three years or so and then I will move it to the wood pile to cover my firewood and go get another one for the trailer.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
don't cheap out. get a decent one that won't kill the grass and isn't a soggy mess after a rain.
bumpy

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Agree on the woven RV mats. The grass type are heavy as lead when they get wet and take a long time to dry. Re the ones at Walmart....I've seen several posts with unhappy owners saying they come apart very fast. You might check Camping World for one of their sales....we had one that we used about 6 years and it was like new when we included it with our HTT. I found our new one online - can't remember where - because we needed 18' long. Spending an extra $20 - $25 on the front end should get you a good mat that will last many years.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

clubhouse
Explorer
Explorer
The woven mat is 100 times better than indoor/outdoor carpet.

After being in the rain one time you will know why. It's takes hours, maybe days, for indoor outdoor carpet to dry...the woven won't absorb water.

Secondly, woven mats sweeps easily and fine dirt passes throw the weave...not the case with indoor outdoor.

We started with indoor/outdoor carpet, quickly learned our mistake after it rained the night before we were to pack up and head out.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We prefer grass but do have a woven plastic one we don't use much. They are mush better then the outdoor carpet that kills the grass and stays wet for days.

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
There are many places that you can not use a carpet due to killing the grass. I have a woven mat but have not used it in many years.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
We have had both and the woven carpet wins. It is easier to keep clean and it doesn't hold moisture.
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU