cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outside Shower

jimlj
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new to me TT last fall that has an outside shower. At first I thought it was kind of cool, but now I'm wondering what it's purpose is? About the only use I can see it would be good for is washing sand off of the grand kids feet at the beach. Am I missing something?
57 REPLIES 57

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
we never use ours, its too cold up here in the Pac NW. I disconnected them all and used the area for storage. Plus they are too easy to forget when you are using the blow out method of winterizing. They create a worthless hole in the side of the TT.
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
^^^^
just kidding of course

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
FLY 4 FUN wrote:
kids/dogs/mountain bikes/sandy feet/dishes/dirty mats/clean fish.....endless possibilities

Maybe that's why I get dirty looks from the neighbors when I use the outdoor shower. I figured I was out in nature, why not go "natural"

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's also good for washing cast iron. I'm not bringing that stuff inside.

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
Its good for muddy boots.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
We find it handy often. Primarily we use ours for hosing off people. Mostly in sandy environments, but also dirt and mud. I use it to wash my hands after dumping the tanks as well. Sometimes I'll use it to clean my hands when they're full of grease and muck so that I don't end up making a mess of the other water fixtures.

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
kevden wrote:
I set up a shower tent to prevent the grey water tank from filling up quickly when we boondock. Our previous camper had an outside shower, but our current one does not, so I bought some adapters from Loweโ€™s to connect a hose to the low point drains, and a sprayer for the other end. The shower tent fits nicely between the 2 slideouts. Similar to this one;
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Changing-Adventures-California-restrictions/dp/B013S9EMVW/ref=sr_1_1...

We have considered getting on of these for the same reason also, but my question is do they make openings in the side of the tent to put the hose through, besides the door?
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
wannavolunteerFT wrote:
when I was showing my TT to the person who bought it, I commented that I didn't know why it had a lock.. Had to go get key from door to open it.

I don't think it has to do with leading edge and traveling as mine was on the back end, just over bumper. Loved that location as I could set up shower or outdoor dishwashing area without having to go behind the TT and near the power pole.

For at least some applications (side wall mounting) the edge matters and itโ€™s easier to make and stock just one type of door.

kevden
Explorer
Explorer
I set up a shower tent to prevent the grey water tank from filling up quickly when we boondock. Our previous camper had an outside shower, but our current one does not, so I bought some adapters from Loweโ€™s to connect a hose to the low point drains, and a sprayer for the other end. The shower tent fits nicely between the 2 slideouts. Similar to this one;
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Changing-Adventures-California-restrictions/dp/B013S9EMVW/ref=sr_1_1...
2012 Keystone Outback 312bh

2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4X4 Quadrasteer

2010 VW Routan
2007 Chrysler Pacifica AWD

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
when I was showing my TT to the person who bought it, I commented that I didn't know why it had a lock.. Had to go get key from door to open it.

I don't think it has to do with leading edge and traveling as mine was on the back end, just over bumper. Loved that location as I could set up shower or outdoor dishwashing area without having to go behind the TT and near the power pole.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mickeyfan0805 wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
What gets me though is no lock on the fresh water fill.

Fair point - never considered that! :E

My truck camper has locks on both.

I suspect the shower lock may simply be what the available generic door offers. It's possible the same door is used for fresh water hookups or was designed for that before outside showers came along.

It may also lock to be more secure for travel, since the door hinge isn't on the leading edge.

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
What gets me though is no lock on the fresh water fill.

Fair point - never considered that! :E

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mickeyfan0805 wrote:
ScottG wrote:
What cracks me up is they put a lock on our outdoor shower.
If someone needs a shower bad enough that they're willing to steal it, by gawd they can have it.

So true!! Never understood this. Vandalism prevention maybe? Unfortunately, keys are the only way to open or close the door, do we don't use ours as much as we might if it were more readily accessible.

That said, washing off outside gear, kids feet from the sand, etc... are what we use it for. We don't use it that often, but we never use the campground showers (always use ours) - so it does come in handy to try to get the grimier stuff off outside..

Mine has a lock too. But it stays open the entire time we are using the trailer. It gets closed up until the next trip. What gets me though is no lock on the fresh water fill.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
we use ours for cleaning sandy feet at the beach, hosing off the grandkids after playing in the dirt. It's a nice to have, but not a deal breaker on our list.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
We like ours and put it to use with all the things already mentioned , and to add ours is used after any type of outdoor activity when itโ€™s hot to just cool off as opposed to the beach, Springs, pool, etc !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !