Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PUGS

Roo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I got my PUGS today..YAY..
Now my question is, does anyone "leave" their pugs on all the time, or remove them with every set up/take down?
RooCamper...
Retired and loving every minute of it !!
14 REPLIES 14

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Take them off.

Roo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
patperry2766 wrote:
clips

even though you got the hi wind version, pick up a couple of boxes of these to clip around the edges of the canvas & PUG.

Thanks..I ordered the clips, and a carabeener.. for both ends.. ๐Ÿ™‚
RooCamper...

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
clips

even though you got the hi wind version, pick up a couple of boxes of these to clip around the edges of the canvas & PUG.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
Roo Camper wrote:
Do you take them off even if you are just moving from one campground to another?

Still trying to figure this discussion out. It sounds to me like there's a bunch of dog abusers here . . . . .

We don't. If we are done with our trip, we take them off, make sure they are dry and clean and fold them up and put them away, but if we are moving from campground to campground, we just unhook the elastics underneath (we have them all go these circle keyring things, and they are all held together in the middle underneath with a caribiner), so we unhook that, and undo the clips at the top and fold them up with the canvas ends....(only if we are moving from place to place).

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
Roo Camper wrote:
Do you take them off even if you are just moving from one campground to another?

Still trying to figure this discussion out. It sounds to me like there's a bunch of dog abusers here . . . . .

this is the Hybrid TT forum and PUGs(Popup Gizmos)are something exclusively used by Hybrids and Popups.
#1 mod for Hybrid TTs.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine come of my pup every time.

Highly recommend these things btw...they make a remarkable difference.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

FerrisFamilyof5
Explorer
Explorer
Ed_Gee wrote:
Roo Camper wrote:

PUGS...Pop Up Gizmos.... used to cover the tent ends of hybrids and pop-ups. they prevent staining, silver side down reflects heat back into camper, silver side up reflects sunlight away from camper keeping it cool...originally made for pop ups only but now made for hybrids as well, google it!
Nights camped in 2016 - 31
2015 Forest River Vibe
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71
me daHusband :C
daWife :?
daSon :B
daBaby boy ๐Ÿ˜› (ok so he's 13...still daBaby)
daDog

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Roo Camper wrote:

Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Roo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
RooCamper...

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
I myself, remove them every take down, hang them up on the clothesline at home and hose them off of dirt and other debris, let dry and put them back on next time out. Also hose off the tent ends of any dirt or other debris that might have gotten on them.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

Roo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
It was fast, I ordered them last week, and he told me 3 business days..so yep..that's what it took..I got the High Wind set..

RooCamper...

Roo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
How cute is THAT !!!
Thanks for the smile.. ๐Ÿ™‚
RooCamper...

RavenNS
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Most campgrounds don't want you to leave your PUGS unattended...

Awwww!! So cute!

Roo camper, that was super fast... Didn't you just order those last week?
Did you get the regular, windy, or super-windy ones?

These are on my wish-list but don't see being able to do that expense for quite some time

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Most campgrounds don't want you to leave your PUGS unattended...

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro