cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quality camper

tnrv_er
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking for a well made truck camper for a 3/4 ton 8' bed truck. Not looking for the bells & whistles you see, looking for the built in ones. What do you guys say?
25 REPLIES 25

joe123
Explorer
Explorer
Big foot, basement model 9'6" or 10' model do proper inspection to insure you get a good well looked after one.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Northstar.

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Does that 20-22 also include the upgrades to the truck?

I would say most campers these days are "well made" as you can see you will get a myriad of answers.

My answer would be to go used and find a camper that will fit your truck, find a specific one for sale and ask some questions about it or do research on it. Some newer campers are wood free (less worry about rot) but will cost more.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

BillL1356
Explorer
Explorer
Northstar

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
Northwood builds nice RV's. So does Lance.

My Wolf Creek was 21k brand new. You can find one for less on the used market for sure.
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
I'll throw a vote for the AF campers. IMO the only downside is they're about the heaviest out there I believe.
I'm not brand loyal but I bought an 05 a few years ago. Way less than your budget. Took it to AK, used it for a year, typical use, but plenty of miles of horrible roads. Camped in torrential rains and down to 10-15 deg F. Never an issue with anything. Didn't have to fix a thing. Sold it up there.
Bought an 03 last year. Same thing, nice camper, everything works. Solid, dry, TV AC microwave, big fridge, etc. $10k
Either I got lucky or they're pretty decent campers.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
S & S or Alaskan Camper make great non slide 4 season campers.

I wanted the S&S. Wife wanted something with a slide. The Arctic Fox is heavy but well equipped. They also make a non slide model that weighs a little less.

cooldavidt
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 2003 10' 4" Citation Supreme
Great rig- all the standard features plus fully insulated, double glazed windows, rear kitchen, 6' 6" headroom, full size queen bed. Hard to find but worth the effort. Made by General Coach in Oliver BC. Quality work.

rlb8s
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a Livin Lite Camp Lite 8.6. It isn't as nice or luxurious as my previous Lance 915, but it is well built, seems to have more interior space due to layout, is lighter, and doesn't extend much past my 8 ft bed so I don't need a hitch extension. The Livin Lite is wood free construction and should last. So far I really like it. I think it will fit my needs perfectly. You can check them out at Livinlite.com and you should be able to find one in your price range.
12 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity - named E-Pod
05 GMC 3500 SRW Crew Cab LB
10 Bass Cat Puma w/ 250 Mercury ProXS

Previous RVs -
14 Livin Lite 8.6
13 Pleasure-Way Lexor TS Class B
13 Tioga Montara 25K Class C
09 Lance 915 Truck Camper

tnrv_er
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like to stay in the 20-22K range. Really looking for a well made camper. Wet bath is fine, slide don't matter, stove, AC, heat...the usual standard equipment.Doesnt have to sleep more than two.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
What's your price range and are there any features in particular you are wanting?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member