cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

quieter water pump

Americamper
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of a water pump that is fairly quiet? I feel like mine can be heard for miles when I use it.
2000 F250 Superduty 7.3 SB SRW, E rated Michelins, Torklifts, fastguns,2004 Northstar Laredo, , Ducati Hypermotard 1100, KTM 250XC
20 REPLIES 20

TDWebster
Explorer
Explorer
The newer revolution model shurflo is much quieter than the old similar model. I just changed ours out for the same reason---plus it it was 10 yrs old

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
FloJet, and SureFlo variable speed pumps are quiet, and more so with looped hose in & out to further dampen vibration
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
A lot of the noise comes from the lines being up against hard walls and such. You can help things by installing some padding or pipe insulation where ever the pipe fro the pump touches things. You can also add rubber feet to the pump so it doesn't make as much noise at its base.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Americamper wrote:
Anyone know of a water pump that is fairly quiet? I feel like mine can be heard for miles when I use it.

The Aqua Jet Variable speed pump is so quiet you really have to listen to make sure it is on.:) $95

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Suppose variable speed pumps are very quiet and I also had one of those Jabsco pump in my Airstream that was quieter than high speed "rockets"
All for the price

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
My original pump went out two summers ago(2001). I replaced it with a Shurflo revolution pump. I can hear it but have to really listen inside for it....its pretty quiet.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992