cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RAM passes FORD in HD sales.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reading "Heavy Duty Trucking" Jan 2016 issue. HDT and other trade mags publish sales reports for various classes of trucks sorted by brand and class.
For November 2015 in class 3,4,5, 10001-19500 lb class, Ram outsold Ford 43.01 percent to 35.14 percent. A pretty good margin.

Ram, Nov 12,345/ YTD 141,423/ 43.01 percent
Ford, Nov 10,307/ YTD 115,553/ 35.14 percent
Chevrolet Nov 2867/ YTD 34,497/ 10.49 percent

Other brands in this class are; Freightliner, GMC, HINO, International, Isuzu, KW, Mitsubishi for a total of 328,819 units.

truckinginfo.com
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021
117 REPLIES 117

Flashman
Explorer II
Explorer II
fla-gypsy wrote:
Fodder for the eternally adolescent

But what else should we argue about?

Fish - time to jump in - two sides of the same coin.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:

I wish that were true...after my stroke on Aug. 19th....I'd take "eternally adolescent" all day over the way I am now........
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Flashman
Explorer II
Explorer II
fla-gypsy wrote:

But kinda fun!!

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
I love my Ram truck,, but really have never looked at who sold the most trucks. I do not have stock in the company so I guess its not a big deal... I do like the fact that my new 3500 tows as much if not more than a F450.. ๐Ÿ™‚
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
jimmac28 wrote:
Well I looked under truckinginfo.com and I could not find that article that put Ram in front of Ford and GM in 250,2500/350,3500 class trucks.

last I saw was GM was pushing past Ford and Ram was a distance third. I like all three trucks and I would like to see that article.

GOOD!! I'll take a "distant" 3rd... Nowhere to go but up....and if the sales numbers made up my mind for me, I'd own a Ford or GM / Chevy truck, but I make up my own mind no matter how bad the lowly 3rd place tractor engine equipped truck sales are...:)
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Flashman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmmm? - this is contrary to what certain Fish species spout - cannot be true.

jimmac28
Explorer
Explorer
gmcsmoke wrote:
here you go:

http://digital.truckinginfo.com/Jan2016#&pageSet=13

I guarantee that's dually's and up, add in 2500's and those numbers would be a lot different.

Thanks.
2014.5 DRV Tradition 385RSS
2013 Ford F350 Diesel DRW

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
here you go:

http://digital.truckinginfo.com/Jan2016#&pageSet=13

I guarantee that's dually's and up, add in 2500's and those numbers would be a lot different.

jimmac28
Explorer
Explorer
Well I looked under truckinginfo.com and I could not find that article that put Ram in front of Ford and GM in 250,2500/350,3500 class trucks.

last I saw was GM was pushing past Ford and Ram was a distance third. I like all three trucks and I would like to see that article.
2014.5 DRV Tradition 385RSS
2013 Ford F350 Diesel DRW

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone can Cherry pick a "certain thing",.....and call it proof.

I understand "charmin" OUTSELLS "Scott" ....if that " Do-Do " is important to you...:W
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
number are just number... without the DATA being on display.

GMC and Chevy needs to be added together.. same production line.

why are 450 and up added to this group.. to tilt the bias.

my opinion.

when Daimler had Chrysler.. they did not call them Daimler's

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
wilber1 wrote:
Don't know why people insist on calling it Fiat

Yes you do... its an attempt to undermine and demean the brand, thus inflating their own brand in their minds, thus making themselves feel better.

These are all corporations whose stocks are sold in the stock market. Anyone can buy stock in any company and see any profit that is available. All these corporations pay taxes, salaries, import/export tariffs, etc. The US government collects an ABSURD amount of money from each manufacturer, no matter WHERE that company is headquartered. All this "American Company" talk is nonsense at this point. It just makes some people feel better about themselves...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
So the way I read this, it is just 1 ton and above trucks included in this. Wonder what the real truck sales figures would be? Personally I don't care as I would never let sales figures make the decision for me on anything I would buy.
Everyone has things to go by as to what they buy I guess so if partial or any sales figures mean something to you then go for it.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

dshelley
Explorer
Explorer
spud1957 wrote:
Good on Ram. Would the Cummins be a big reason?

GM's number are really small.

Certainly the Cummins is a huge reason for those numbers. if indeed the numbers are correct. Another reason aside from the Cummins might be Ford's own 6.0. Owners don't quickly forget and it may be years before some return to the blue oval lot. Especially after realizing the satisfaction the HD Rams continually provide.
2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 5'7"box. 395 HP 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 gear, 8 speed auto. 26 foot Heartland North Trail Caliber travel trailer.