cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear leafs have less spring on one side

RKW
Explorer
Explorer
My passenger's side leaf springs are allowing the truck bed to sag about an inch lower than the driver's side. Nothing appears to be worn or broke. The passenger spring pack seems to just be more "tired" than the driver side. Is an inch difference tolerable? I was talking to a guy who works in a suspension shop and he said when they take corner to corner measurements it's not unusual to see that much of a difference. Thoughts?

Thanks.
Ryan

• 2015 Ford F250

• 2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8280 WS

• Dual Honda EU2000i Generators

The wages of sin are death; but after they're done taking out taxes, it's just a tired feeling.
10 REPLIES 10

RKW
Explorer
Explorer
RedRocket204 wrote:
stickdog wrote:
I worked with a guy that weighed 350+ his driver side sagged.

Sooo, you're saying the OP needs to put on a bunch of weight and then his truck will ride level, side to side? 😄

This is a rough crowd! 🙂
Ryan

• 2015 Ford F250

The wages of sin are death; but after they're done taking out taxes, it's just a tired feeling.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:

Sooo, you're saying the OP needs to put on a bunch of weight and then his truck will ride level, side to side? 😄
I love me some land yachting

Rockrash
Explorer
Explorer
How old is the truck? The passenger side is the torque wheel. When you accelerate that wheel in effect is pushing up on the suspension. By theory this can weaken the passenger side spring over time.

Or maybe your passenger needs to lose a few pounds.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

RKW
Explorer
Explorer
christopherglenn wrote:
If you have torsion bars up front, adjust them to make the front level side to side with a floor jack under the rear axle (to keep the rear tires off the ground). Then lower it and recheck the rear end. If you can't help it with the tbars, it gets expensive.

Are you saying that if the front torsion bars are in need of adjustment it can unevenly squat the rear?
Ryan

• 2015 Ford F250

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
You can have the springs re-arched. 🙂
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
If you have torsion bars up front, adjust them to make the front level side to side with a floor jack under the rear axle (to keep the rear tires off the ground). Then lower it and recheck the rear end. If you can't help it with the tbars, it gets expensive.
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614

RKW
Explorer
Explorer
ib516 wrote:
I'm thinking if you check close you will have one leaf broken on the side that's lower.

Just spent the last 1/2 hour crawling around under my truck with a flashlight and a mirror. . I can't see anything broken or worn.
Ryan

• 2015 Ford F250

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
" Is an inch difference tolerable?"

To me it wouldn't be!

I would have both rear set of springs removed/inspected/repaired as needed and re-arched.
Surprised suspension shop guy didn't recommend it.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ib516
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm thinking if you check close you will have one leaf broken on the side that's lower.
Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV