cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wobble Stoppers or the Like

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
My TC has swing out brackets for my DRW.

Anyone use these types of products or feel they are necessary?

Can you do more harm then good buy using them? I certainly don't like drilling holes in the base of the camper where you might tap into a water tank!

I've had the truck off a lot for storage purposes but haven't camped in it yet off the truck, something I will do for several weeks this December, so curious of such an item is worth it.

Thanks!
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears, 013 Eagle Cap 950, 480 Watts Solar, 3K Victron Multiplus II, Victron smart DC-DC charger, Victron 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue
8 REPLIES 8

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Only harm I could possibly see, not sealing brackets on camper. Or somehow managing to back truck under with out noting they are still down. Otherwise a plus, even if you use stands.

I also use the small stands with some wood spreaders, but only on extended stays or parked on really questionable ground. (the since returned camco stands were too short for our camper @17" even with blocks, pictured are my old Reese at 18 1/2")

Though I dislike the movement when offloaded one of the primary reasons I made our "or the like" was for the lifting and lowering of camper. That has always been sketchy on our 'weaver', more so with the extended jack plates. I have 2 pair on each jack, front to back & side to side

When the jacks get flipped out I attached the front to backs, as soon as truck is clear I attach the side to sides. A simple world of difference in camper moving when elevated.

So much so I recently added a fixed pair to rear legs. Though some campers come with lower brackets attached to bumper, our lower brackets are 2' up & the way they are mounted only offered front to back, virtually no side to side resistance and they moved a lot.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer

Four stacker jacks and a couple of 2 x 3's support camper belly and reduce camper wobble. They are easy to store when traveling too.

Bob
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XL’s.

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
I think they look good and I think they would work very well. You can tell by the posted pics that they would work. The issue I have is when my TC is off the truck I always like to support the under belly. Thats where a 2X4/screw jack system works very well. If I was just using the 4 jacks for support, and nothing else, I would definitely want something like the Wobble Stoppers. I think it depends on how you want to use your off loaded TC.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
THEY ARE NEEDED! It makes loading a DRW SO much easier. Before our (correct) extensions, we had 1/2" on either side to wiggle through.

Extensions add an extra 4" on each side. What a relief. DH is so happy.

As far as Wobbl-stopprs go, we love ours. Before we got them, I could really feel movement in the cab over, now...nothing. So happy with them.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

languiduck
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure all the suggestions work fine. I had the opportunity to use my Wobblestoppers a few times this year and I like them very much. There's a few reasons that I will cut and paste here form a document I made that I sent to Torklift providing feedback. In a nutshell, I highly recommend them.

First thing I noticed when I opened the shipping box is that the parts were well packaged and the finish on the products appears durable.

Instructions were easy to follow.

I was surprised and very pleased to find two locks were included. That’s awesome!

Now as to how they performed:

Connecting and disconnected the fast gun wobblestoppers is a breeze and is done in a matter of seconds. It is apparent Torklift paid attention to detail in developing this kit such as the self storing brackets, included locks, and velco securing straps.

The single best thing about the fastgun Wobblestoppers is that they self store. I already have a ton of things to pack and unpack, and I don’t have to worry about finding a place to store these. They are always right where I need them to be. The last thing I would want is the hassle of removal and finding yet another spot to store or haul something.

Upon connecting the Wobblestoppers for the first time, almost all sway and wobble from my camper jacks was eliminated. I can now walk inside and move around the camper without the swaying feeling. The lower to the ground I drop the camper, the more stable it becomes. It is a drastic improvement.

I usually unload the camper when I arrive at my destination, and for the first time my family and I were able to use the camper and not have to tiptoe around for fear of wobble. We spent a whole week in a very sold feeling camper thanks to the Wobblestoppers. It made our week more enjoyable because it eliminated a worrisome problem.

They are easily one of the best additions I have made to my truck camper set up.

As for the comment about leaks, I have two replies. The first is, the brackets screw in under the cab over. Water intrusion isn't really an issue in that area. Some sealant will keep the water out anyway. The brackets screw in to the frame, the screws aren't long enough to go through the framing and in to a water tank or wiring. Now worries there.

2006 F250
Palomino Bronco 800

Gripnriprod
Explorer
Explorer
kerry4951 wrote:
I also use a few 2X4s and screw jacks and things are solid as a rock.
x2
'11 GMC 3500hd SLT DRW D/A 4x4 Spray-in, Air Bags w/comp & controls, TL, Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 9.5t Warn, front rcvr, Fox Shocks, '11 AF 1140, DB, AC, Gen, Solar, Thermal Windows, Wardrobe, Rear & Side Awnings, 18' Lund/40hp Honda 4 stroke

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
They make several types of RV stabilizers that will work and there is no need to drill holes to use them. I also use a few 2X4s and screw jacks and things are solid as a rock.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I've achieved all the wobble stop I could want with a couple of screw jacks and a 2 X 6 across the front belly portion of the TC. Very stable! I'm a 99.8% off the truck camper.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk