cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV BBQ

tkoden
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer came with an outdoor gas bbq. I finally set it up in preparation for our first real outing this weekend. I was just wondering if the bbq is designed to be left attached to the trailer while transporting?
107 REPLIES 107

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't mind the wolf pack on here - they will jump at the least little off the mark comment or question. Just ignore them.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

limbery
Explorer
Explorer
Holland grill makes a great portable and has an optional bag you can get for it. If you want good for cheap, Costco has an all SS Nexgrill brand that inexpensive for the build quality but overall, the Holland is much more versatile and worth the extra $$

Chuck_in_va
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to camping also and have one that attaches to to the side of m Wind Jammer. I have not used it yet, but I plan on using it to fix breakfast. I understand that it doesn't put out a lot of BTUs probably because high BTUs and gel coat probably doesn't mix.(The grill is attached to the side of the camper ) As long as it will heat a griddle for eggs, pancakes,burgers etc. I think it will serve my purpose. If it can't handle that I will have to look at more options. But from what I can gather it should do what I need plus a steak every now and then. Wow having said that now I'm hungry. Chuck in Va

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
tkoden wrote:
This has been a very embarrassing thread. It has been a long week with my 3 month old son up all night long. Once I posted my first comment I realized how stupid this thread was. The BBQ came with the trailer so I will use it before I decide to toss it.

If it doesn't work, does anyone have any suggestions for a good gas BBQ? I like the size of the Weber Q's but they don't put out much more BTUs than my Aussie Grill does. But, maybe its more about design than BTUs. I will see how it does this weekend when we take the trailer out for the first time and I will bring my Smokey Joe as a backup.

You are right about the thread, though. ๐Ÿ™‚ May be a good idea to post when under less stress. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I did not toss mine. It is in the garage in pristine condition waiting to be sold either by itself or when I upgrade the RV.

As for Weber, I have one at home which l love. That love has so far not transferred to my RV needs and will likely never transfer. The Q series is not enough value for my money, both in terms of heat output and square footage. Instead I like the tabletop grills with warming rack that you can get from Home Depot or Lowe's for less than $30. I can buy many of these for the price of one Weber.

That said many like the Weber Q grills and I suggest you give the $30 one a try first and if that does not meet your needs then get the Q.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

tkoden
Explorer
Explorer
This has been a very embarrassing thread. It has been a long week with my 3 month old son up all night long. Once I posted my first comment I realized how stupid this thread was. The BBQ came with the trailer so I will use it before I decide to toss it.

If it doesn't work, does anyone have any suggestions for a good gas BBQ? I like the size of the Weber Q's but they don't put out much more BTUs than my Aussie Grill does. But, maybe its more about design than BTUs. I will see how it does this weekend when we take the trailer out for the first time and I will bring my Smokey Joe as a backup.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We also use ours from time to time and although it's not as good as the baby Weber it does OK. We don't leave it on the side of the TT when we travel.

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
tkoden wrote:
Zip it. I have been lurking for a long time but have owned a TT for 3 weeks. Still learning and asking Noob questions.

Spappy wrote:
I do not have an external grill on my TT, but I do not believe it's design to hang off the side while you're traveling.
Spap

Did you quote the wrong one? Your answer sounds like you were mad at this one:

sbowman871 wrote:
A full member would ask this question?
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

Bonefish
Explorer
Explorer
We have used our RVQ from the begining of 2003, cooking steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers & fish. It has not damaged the side of our camper or awning. It is made to take on and off as you are camping. Everyone will have a reason why not to use one. Try it before you toss it in the trash or store it away. Enjoy your many camping trips with your TT.

Sharon

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
I imagine your curiosity would be satisfied after the first set of railroad tracks you cross.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Speaking from experience, those grills don't put out a whole lot of BTUs and struggle to cook hot dogs. Make sure you bring a backup. I like using a Weber Jumbo Joe.

And yes, please remove it before traveling.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
sbowman871 wrote:
A full member would ask this question?

I get that perhaps I should have said.,.. yes we travel with our awning out and our gas grill attached. LOL

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
We had a pop up with one of those. I recommend getting a real grill. It was only good for hamburgers and hotdogs. Do Not try to travel with that attached.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Not for transport, just wait until you crank it up, mine was'nt even really designed for BBQ'ing either!

Enjoy the adventures!

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
You mean the one that sort of hangs on a small rail mounted on the side of your new, super awesome RV? :B No, it isn't for transport, only convenience for mounting when camping.

Congrats on your RV! Feels great, doesn't it?

kmbernstein
Explorer
Explorer
I have had an exterior grill in the past. According to the instructions, the grill needed to be detached after use.
Me, 1 Great hubby (Tim), Cole the Standard Poodle,
Magic the tiny Bengal Cat
2012 Skyline Koala 21CS
2007 Ford Explorer