cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sprayer nozzle from fresh water tank

elquind
Explorer
Explorer
I have an idea that works pretty well. Like I've said before, most of my ideas and mods come from this site. It has been very helpful in making my camper mine. Here is another idea that I like. We do a lot of dirtbike riding, dry camping. At the end of a weekend, we pack everything up, excuse me, I pack everything up and the kids watch me. and after a long drive home, I again, unload the bikes from the trailer, wash them, pack them back in, then back up the trailer on the side of the house. My Idea was to put a garden sprayer, pressure nozzle, on my camper. As I've seen in toy haulers. Then before I pack up the bikes, I can wash them. saving me a washdown at home. Yes I understand im using my water supply, when dry camping, however, I always have water left over, I always leave it in the tank, then simply top it off before the next trip. I also hear plenty of people dumping their water, not carry it home. I'm just having a use for the water, rather than just dumping it, why not use it? I simply used the low point in the cold water line in the back of the camper, added a 1/2" barbed coupling, a 10' clear plastic hose, a 1/2" barbed to 3/4 male threaded, and a $5 garden sprayer from the local hardware store. the pressure is great! almost like house pressure. the sprayer shoots water past the front of the truck, from the back of the camper. Here are a few pics.
14 REPLIES 14

elquind
Explorer
Explorer
The red kinked hose is the low point drain in the hot water line, the blue is the low point for the cold water( the one I used for the hose).
I agree with leaving a CG mess, dirty, or inconsiderate of other campers. I would never leave a camp messy, even it is extra mud. The campground we go dirt bike riding is not set sites, or grassy in any way. It is 7,000 acres of dirt and maintained trails. At hollister hills svra. If my bikes are muddy, it's been raining. So no problem on mud, if just dirty, a little water will soak up like a dry sponge.
None the less, I'm glad most liked the mod idea.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
mkirsch wrote:
Most people tend to cancel camping trips when they know it's going to rain and be muddy. They expect the site to be dry and grassy, except someone just hosed off their mud-caked quads there before leaving...

10 minutes later, the summer heat will dry it out.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Raften
Explorer
Explorer
Most folks who ride dirt bikes in CA don't camp in spots that a little mud would be a problem. This year, the driest year on record in CA, water on the ground is a good thing. Green grass, what is that?
'01 Dodge 3500 CTD, Lance 1121, Air Bags, Rancho 9000, All Wheels Under Power When Needed, A Few Engine Mods For Increased HP

Burning Grease, 800 ft/lbs. of torque from something you throw away.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
elquind, are we related ?

Im using options barbed and threaded , depends on my mood ๐Ÿ™‚

Bob

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm not sure why you want to turn a relatively clean spot with normal grass to a mud pit for the next guy. Seems off to me.

The hose idea sounds cool though.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
deltabravo wrote:
RVnRobin wrote:
I would just ask that you don't wash your stuff off in the campsite. There are very few things worse than leaving behind a muddy, greasy, site for the next camper.

The ground is made of dirt. What is a little more dirt going to hurt?

When it rains, the dirt gets wet.... it may turn to mud. What is a little more mud going to hurt?

Most people tend to cancel camping trips when they know it's going to rain and be muddy. They expect the site to be dry and grassy, except someone just hosed off their mud-caked quads there before leaving...

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

bob2j8
Explorer
Explorer
You, Sir, are a friggin genius! I've always wanted to hook up some sort of separate hose in order to hook up to my tank flusher. This is by far the easiest that Ive seen.

Thank You!
Bob
2008 Ford F-350 King Ranch SRW, Powerstroke, Torqshift
2010 KZ Spree 318BHS
E2 Trunnion Hitch

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
RVnRobin wrote:
I would just ask that you don't wash your stuff off in the campsite. There are very few things worse than leaving behind a muddy, greasy, site for the next camper.

The ground is made of dirt. What is a little more dirt going to hurt?

When it rains, the dirt gets wet.... it may turn to mud. What is a little more mud going to hurt?
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
My preference would to install a hose bib in the same area. Then you could use any hose. It is one of those projects I have never got around to. If my camping style was different, maybe it would get it done.

I installed an outside shower years ago. I have only used it two times in almost ten years. There was a time I would have used it several times a year.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good idea if you have the water capacity.

I always carry my extra water home just in case I need it. Never know when you may need the water.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

dalehelman
Explorer
Explorer
If you have generator you can add a small pressure washer they use less water and have much greater pressure.
Dale & Sandi
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2015 Little Guy T@B Sofitel
Liberty Lake (Spokane) WA.

DIY Manual replacement for Workhorse Auto Park emergency brake.

Stay In Play Duo Toad Braking System

RVnRobin
Explorer
Explorer
So much to experience, so little time.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I am at a camp ground with city water I bring along a TEE and connect up a separate outside sprayer off of the city water feed. When camping with no water connections I use the outside shower sprayer to hose down some things...

I'm guessing one could adapt a longer sprayer hose to the outside shower connection as well.

Like you I like the idea of having an outside sprayer hose setup - my main use is cleaning up the COLEMAN ROADTRIP grille before packing up for trip home.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah..I remember a post where that was suggested as a mod.

Hey, on-board pump puts out 45# pressure....that'll knock some dirt off

Just curious......what is that kinked clear tubing on the hot water line (Red)?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31