cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Load Install

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
Long story short, the stable loads on my truck have failed. Tork Lift has graciously agreed to replace them with a new style. Problem is I am on the road and in need of someone to do the install. Does anyone know of a reputable place along I-10 between Riverside and Phoenix that would accept the shipped parts and do the repair.
Thanks for any suggestions.
29 REPLIES 29

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the offer but per a previous post I have an install scheduled for April 9 in Mesa,AZ.

ajcal225
Explorer
Explorer
Did you get this worked out yet?

I don't have a shop for you, but I have a good friend who is a diesel tech in Phx who would probably be willing to let you ship these to his house and knock them out for you for a few bucks. He's reliable and capable.

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
The old style lowers were harder to adjust. I think most installed them and let them in one postition. They were basicly a round pad on a metal threaded shaft that mounted thru the spring hole. On my truck they were so tight even when the truck was unloaded that they were always engaged. The problem is over time the threaded shaft would snap off. One of mine failed after about 2 years.
The new style lowers are built much better with really nothing to break. The swing/pivot in and out so that makes them adjustable.
I havent seen the old style lowers for sale anywhere in a long time so Im not sure if they are even available to buy.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

BigToe
Explorer
Explorer
Where can one see the difference between the old vs new style Stabiloads?

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
Wheelholder wrote:
Big whitey, you are quite welcome. I saw that no one had stepped up to try and help you out. I had the time, so did what I could from the distance. Hope it all works out for you and you get the truck fixed.

What failed on the stabil loads? I have them on my truck and want to watch out for the same problem.

Darnedest thing,they failed in various ways. From broken bolts to pads that were worn completely thru. They are sending me the new stlyle so hopefully there will be no further issues.
Sure be glad to get them on as I sorely miss not having them as my poor truck has got a case of the squats without them and doesn't handle dips etc nearly as well.

Hope you will not have any issues with yours. Thanks again.

Wheelholder
Explorer
Explorer
Big whitey, you are quite welcome. I saw that no one had stepped up to try and help you out. I had the time, so did what I could from the distance. Hope it all works out for you and you get the truck fixed.

What failed on the stabil loads? I have them on my truck and want to watch out for the same problem.
2008 Silverado crew cab Duramax/Allison
2008 Lance 830

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
Wheelholder wrote:
big whitey, Hope this helps you some. Arizona Campers 4140 Grand ave. Phoenix 623-247-3829. Tom's Camperland 1161 W.Bell Rd. Surprise, AZ 623-977-2888
and Cliff's Welding 4007 E. Main St. Mesa, AZ 480-832-0570.

I don't know anything about any of them, but thought the phone and address might possibly help you some. Good luck.

Thanks For the heads up on Cliffs Welding in Mesa,AZ . I have an appt for April 9 which fits the mfg/shipping timeline and is in line with our travels. Thanks all who helped with their suggestions and especially Wheelholder who despite living outside of the area did what lazy me should have done ....research research research.Thanks again.

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry

Duplicate Post Please Delete.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Big Whitey. Sorry for your loss and the aggravation. Since I travel fulltime shipping the receiving things as simple at my Netflix, is actually very simple. You just need to learn the nuances of how things ship. Such as Amazon can ship different ways. By addressing something a certain way, and it ships differently, such as you requested it shipped to a General Delivery address and you received notice it shipped UPS. The solution is easy. Just like Federal Express requires a physical address for shipping deliver. With me, I sold my physical address in June of 2008 and have had none, since June 2009.

What I recommend, is to narrow down the shop (surprised there has not been a definitive answer here) and have it shipped the following way; Your Name

(Big Whitey)
C/O The Shop that has the best service
Then the street address
Then the town and Zip Code

It is all good and works really well. I just picked up some items from the Post Office care of; General Delivery on Monday.

If you don't find a shop here, just google it. Call them and explain that you are traveling and the situation at hand, at least a week before you arrive. If you are still struggling to find a shop, just get your parts shipped to you, see above procedure, so at least you are not waiting on the parts to arrive because you didn't want to order them until the shop was selected. I use the Post Office at Apache Junction (Never use the street address of the post office when sending things General Delivery) every time I come through Phoenix.

Your Name
C/O General Delivery
Apache Junction, AZ 85120

Post Office will hold something 30 days
UPS Will Call Center will hold something 5 days.
UPS stores charge you for shipping and receiving items at their stores.

Good luck.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

Wheelholder
Explorer
Explorer
big whitey, Hope this helps you some. Arizona Campers 4140 Grand ave. Phoenix 623-247-3829. Tom's Camperland 1161 W.Bell Rd. Surprise, AZ 623-977-2888
and Cliff's Welding 4007 E. Main St. Mesa, AZ 480-832-0570.

I don't know anything about any of them, but thought the phone and address might possibly help you some. Good luck.
2008 Silverado crew cab Duramax/Allison
2008 Lance 830

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
He wants a reputable shop, buzz. LoL
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
there is a camping world in Mesa AZ just east of Phoenix
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
As I mentioned earlier I will be coming into Phoenix on I -10 so I would prefer a shop in that area. I'm sure there are various dealers/shops in Phoenix but I was hoping to maybe get a heads up from someone with first hand knowledge of a reputable shop. Thanks.

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to not respond sooner but last couple days have not had internet service as we have been at Big Sur. Lots to consider as I have to get up with Tork Lift as the stable loads were out of stock. Also it is difficult to know when I'll be where. I think I will ask Tork Lift about a dealer etc in Phoenix and coordinate the back order/shipping logistics from there. That said the question still is open as am I for a reputable suspension shop or mechanic in the Phoenix area. Thanks