yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, Where do you go for Memorial Weekend
18 REPLIES 18

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
Sense I live in a rural area I go to where there people are, Charlotte motor speedway for a weekend of camping at the speedway. I go to where it's dry camping and wet fun. I don't go for the race anymore, its the people. Some are strange but from all walks of life. I have been going with my brother for around 20 years. You'll find me in the Morehead farms area.
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

sharkman
Explorer
Explorer
Rock Lake, major holiday weekends are family weekends for us to, free camping and electricity plus mom and dad want to check out the new to us Lance TC.
Camper: 2005 Lance Lite 815
Truck: 2003 Dodge Ram Loramie 3500HD, CTD, DRW, Q/C, L/B, Draw-Tite Front Hitch
Boat: 1985 Alumacraft Trophy 175 - Evinrude 90 HP

Ramp_Digger
Explorer
Explorer
We usually avoid the major holiday camp crowd also by staying home with the family and having a cookout on our back deck.Also we always attend the local Memoral Day Services in our home town.We have family members that have served in all major conflict and wars from WWI to the present.We simply feel obligated to honor all those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom. Without their service and sacrifice we might not even be free to camp at all.
Ramp and family
05 dodge 3500 cummins diesel, 8.5 alaskan on flatbed

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
This and/or Labor day is the one time I actually intentionally go camping around thousands of other people -- Packwood Flea market. The entire town of Packwood WA turns into a big flea market, it's a hoot.
It's a small logging town on the western slopes of the Cascade Mountains, steep in logging history.
Anything and everything is there - all your county-fair type roach coaches show up, all of your typical swap meet vendors, every house has a garage sale, a big auction put on by a local auctioneer, lots of local logging antiques, and plenty of RV parking at various places throughout town.
I bring my Honda street bike mounted to my Superhitch just to toodle around town.(Formerly my Yamaha Zuma).

Lets face it, on Mem and Labor day weekend, you're not going to be able to 'get away from it all', so I go there to "join 'em since I can't beat 'em".
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

slickrock_steve
Explorer
Explorer
We head out on our horses into Red Rock State park, and camp in a TENT! Yeah, a TENT!
Then we explore some of the forbidden canyons that no motor vehicles are allowed, but on foot, or horse is fine!

Fitzbev
Explorer
Explorer
Canada! :B
Best Regards,
Fitz

2015 F-250 PSD, Platinum, Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate Air Bags, Helwig Sway Bar, 2" Fender Flares, Front Hitch, Diamond Back Bed Cover, 19.5 Load "E" Tires
2016 Northern Lite 811 QSE.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I take that weekend off from camping and enjoy catching up on projects and visiting the empty restaurants in town. Sometimes I do a motorcycle ride on Sat or Sunday.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
We don't go anywhere on holiday weekends. I chose to stay home. It's not worth fighting the traffic to go to a packed CG.
YMMV

Our philosophy too. Although this year we will be somewhere off this continent.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Out on my back deck.
Bob

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We don't go anywhere on holiday weekends. I chose to stay home. It's not worth fighting the traffic to go to a packed CG.
YMMV

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
major holiday weekends are family weekends for us.
My brother and I own 2 acres that we setup as our own private Campground in the mountains of South Central PA.
Its about 2 hours away from home. close enough to go often, far enough away you don't come home for anything you forgot.

We have Four 30a services, and 1000 gallon holding tank for sewer.
we have to truck fresh water but we both have tanks that fit in pickup bed for that. we both have 5th wheels that stay on this site all summer.

Some times I take my pickup camper there as well ๐Ÿ™‚
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
We live in Texas. Our Camping season starts after Labor Day and goes till school lets out. Then only a few short trips in the summer . Memorial Day we stay at home with the BBQ going.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
We go riding, this year we don't know where yet. Like others have said we are trying to get away from the crowds.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't normally do campgrounds anyway. But I do oftentimes go out on Labor Day and Memorial Day with our ATV Club. And these campouts are always off the grid. Plus I spend another day to avoid the crazy traffic.
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.