Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

the 3 most important charecteristics of your TT to you

JasoninSC
Explorer
Explorer
For me here are my three so far while I am learning about

I want a slide for added room and comfort

I want one with a dinette and a couch with decent view of the television.

I want one with at least a queen bed for me and the wife and maybe even. Bunk system for my two boys.

Now I would love to hear from some of the veteran TRee's on what they like or looked for
77 REPLIES 77

mhsmith
Explorer
Explorer
What I would like in our next...

1) 30ft with 2 slides
2) 70 gal fresh tank, 70 gal grey tank, 30 gal black tank
3) large bathroom
The rest is negotiable(bed length doesn't matter as I prefer to let my feet dangle off the end anyways) ๐Ÿ™‚

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
-Permanent beds/living area that don't need to be converted daily
-Price
-Weight (towable with Expedition)
-U shaped dinette
-bunkhouse with at least 3 permanent bunks
-outside kitchen

Realize now that I don't want to go without a tv that rotates from master bed to living area. We utilize that option frequently. More outside storage would be nice.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Reliable.
Big enough for me and my dog.
Paid for.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

bhh
Explorer
Explorer
Top 3:
1. Headroom, I'm 6'5" and wife is 5'12"
2. Storage, not huge, but don't want to have to stow everything in tow vehicle
3. Easy to set up and take down in inclement weather. Had two pop-ups and didn't like that.

Other important:
4. Aerodynamic & light weight
5. Solid construction, avoiding stapled together wood and aluminum skin
6. Walk around bed

Not so important
7. Bathroom, but if there is one, it shouldn't be a sit & shower
8. Slide outs or hybrid (see #3)

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
I actually had 4 key points that needed to be met on my current camper. They are numbered in priority. Of course, all had to be within the weight limits (payload/GVWR) of my truck with the camper hitched up and my family and gear aboard.

1) Needed Good Build quality that included - Walls: Stick and Tin constructed walls. Roof: Plywood walkable decking on crowned wood trusses. Floor: Tongue and groove plywood deck on wooden floor joists. I didn't want anything Laminated that would come unglued at some point. (Stick and Tin construction = Real walls using screws, full framing with 2 X 2's, aluminum outer siding and decorative inner sheeting with fasteners.) (Laminated = Foam filling in partial hollow aluminum framing, glued backer, fiberglass (walls), and decorative sheeting)

2) Needed A Full Kitchen: Microwave, Oven, Stove, double sink

3) Needed A None Cramped Living area: Didn't want a cramped seating area so I wanted the sofa away from the dinette and facing entertainment center.

4) Needed Functional Bathroom that had a tub surround and vent fan.

Other high priority areas:

5) Sleeping area: Large double and queen beds along with nice size single bunk, along with dressers for all sleeping areas.

6) Minimum of 30# dual Propane tanks since we camp in late fall with temps down to 30s.

7) Large fresh water tank as we never camp anywhere with water hookups.

๐Ÿ˜Ž Lack of a slide if at all possible. Didn't want the headaches and inaccessibility of bathroom and such while traveling.

9) Good construction with high ceilings. Jayco offered the best for the buck that I've seen so I was set on Jayco with only a few other brands.

10) Storage but most at this size came with good storage.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

doxiluvr
Explorer II
Explorer II
2 slides (bedroom + living area)
Lots of windows
Front kitchen
2006 Keystone Sprinter 300fkms
2007 Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel 6.6 - Allison 1000 6 spd. auto. tran.
1 high school sweetheart hubby - 1 ChiWeenie - Abby
4 grown kids, 6 grandkids, 2 great-grandchildren
1 2007 Yamaha v-Star 1300

TriciaR1970
Explorer
Explorer
We got our new one in June, we had only had our other one 2 years but we were too impulsive when getting the first one. So our MUST HAVE's were:

1. Shower stall with enclosure (no curtains) that my 6'4" tall husband can stand up in.

2. Slide out for floor space as we have 2 large dogs that travel with us

3. Queen size bed that you could walk around.

4. Lots of storage space

Our nice to have's that we ended up not getting:

1. Domed ceiling (typically only in 5th wheels)

2. Full length queen (only found 2 units that had them and my husband could hardly stand up in them)

3. Table in chairs instead of booth for dining. We settled for booth because it was a very roomy booth.

Our first TT had a tiny bathroom with a shower curtain and we figured we'd just use campground showers but decided quickly that they were NASTY often. No slide out so limited floor space for dogs and pretty camped quarters on a rainy weekend.

LOVE my new one 2014 Heartland Prowler 28RLS

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Pull down stove top outside.
Four bunks, never have to make table or sofa into beds,
they can be used for storage when we are alone.
Linen closet in bathroom.

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
We're not veterans, but here were the things important to us...bunkhouse plan that worked for us, 1/2 ton towable, and enough age on it that we could afford to pay cash.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Really more than 3, but here goes....1- nice bathroom with great shower....DH rarely used the shower in our ROO and hiked to the showerhouse instead. 2- real bed, albeit shorter queen, but very workable. 3- deep slide on the street side so very open living space with lots of windows. Love our 2604!
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Lightweight and high riding
4 Season
Double slides across from each other with rear window and huge living area.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
For our third (hopefully last) camper, we had to have
Walk around bed
Easily pulled by our Frontier
Dinette always available

And we got it!
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

rgolding
Explorer
Explorer
I have to agree with LewBob on 2 out of 3 -

High quality construction. (so that it lasts a long time, if necessary)
Four-season capability. (I want to enjoy it Winter and Summer)
80" bed length. (To me, 5 foot 9, that isn't as important) I would replace this with livability, when we can't go outside.

All trailers and campers are like boats, everyone of them is a compromise. You choose what is important and compromise on the other things. But if quality gives out, you have to replace because of failure. That introduces something that you didn't plan.
Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan
Southern Illinois

2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS "Low Key"

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
1. Access to bathroom and kitchen with slides closed.
2. Good ground clearance.
3. Heated underbelly and decent cold weather insulation.

When we searched for tts last year, we ended up with a list of 5 that met our interior requirements (large rear window, walk around bed, shower large enough for 6'2" person, ample storage). Our top pick failed #1, our second pick failed #2, our third pick failed #3. Our fourth pick had white cabinets (DH hated it) so we ended up with our 5th choice. It was all a compromise as it seems impossible to find everything one wants in a single tt.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Too_Tall
Explorer
Explorer
Weight of TT. Can be towed with our F150.
Bathroom w/shower, That I fit in.
Queen bed that is ready to go. Had a hybrid, DW hated having to make up bed when we arrived.