cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The best $50 I've spent!

trailernovice
Explorer
Explorer
A few years, and a few trailers, ago, bought a plastic stove cover...has a non-slip surface on the bottom, so it can ride in place while on the road...makes a usable counter space (especially useful in small units like we've had, which have virtually no countertop space at all)...also, this one also doubles as a cutting board..

I realize most anyone who's been around RV's would have heard of these things and probably even has one...passing this along for the newcomers who look at the kitchen, scratching their head and asking 'where will the coffee maker fit?'

These items are easily found all over the 'net....google 'recreational vehicle stove cover' and you'll find a whole bunch of options....$40-$60 price range...
Glenn and Toni
2019 Jayco JayFlight SLX8 264 BH
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 3.21 gears
Reese round bar w/d with sway control
16 REPLIES 16

krobbe
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a wooden top that grips the stove grating with rubber feet.
It looks good and doesn't rattle or move around when traveling. (I used to have a MH). It'll work on most any 3 burner stove.
Linky
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our stove has a cover that folds over the burners but you run out of room when you cook so we are looking into a folding shelf.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

short_kid
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent Idea to save space. I would be concerned about the steam that is generated while brewing, if you raise it to brew. The heat around the small space may cause long term problems. Again, great idea.

Downwindtracke1
Explorer
Explorer
You can perk on the stove. My DW has done it many times.
Adventure before dementia

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
C.B. wrote:
trailernovice wrote:
scratching their head and asking 'where will the coffee maker fit?'

That's exactly what I was doing :h.

Coffee maker took valuable counter space.

Until I did this.

Mounted a shelf on two drawer guides and put coffee maker on.

Put water in top and slid up to storing position.

It's held up by an arm under shelf

C.B.

What a cool idea. :C

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
xteacher wrote:
TrailerTraveler1, no, not all TTs have these niceties built in. Our inexpensive Starcraft AR-ONE 14RB only has two burners with no cover, no oven (don't use one any way), and no sink cover. We've survived. We would like to find a two burner stove cover though - not as easy to find as a three burner one.

http://www.amazon.com/Suburban-2968ABK-Black-2-Burner-Cooktop/dp/B002UC6RP8

camping world also has one.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
TrailerTraveler1, no, not all TTs have these niceties built in. Our inexpensive Starcraft AR-ONE 14RB only has two burners with no cover, no oven (don't use one any way), and no sink cover. We've survived. We would like to find a two burner stove cover though - not as easy to find as a three burner one.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

TrailerTravele1
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our first trailer 18 months ago, but I seriously thought every trailer had a stove cover built in. Otherwise there's no counter space. We also have a cover for the sink that turns it into counterspace that came with the trailer.

Cheers! Jan & David

Just returned from our First "Snowbird" Winter ... 25,000 miles, 26 states, 23 National Parks ... and counting....

TrailerTraveler.net

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
Wow C.B. - quite impressive. Happy trails!
Times fun when you're having flies!

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
This reminds me that I promised the wife to make a cutting board/cover for our stove. I better get busy...groundhog said camping season coming early this year :B

Might figure a way to make a similar coffee pot location. Wife doesn't like the dripper using up counter space, thinks I should use the perker, over the fire, like in the tenting days. She sleeps, I make fire & coffee, she wakes to fresh perk...I say NOT.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice mod C.B. Great idea to raise it up off the counter , very professional, neatly done.

Who would have ever thought of putting helium in the coffee maker :B

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
by C.B......Until I did this.

Before

After

VERY clever AND NICE looking mod for coffee maker!

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:
trailernovice wrote:
A few years, and a few trailers, ago, bought a plastic stove cover...has a non-slip surface on the bottom, so it can ride in place while on the road...makes a usable counter space (especially useful in small units like we've had, which have virtually no countertop space at all)...also, this one also doubles as a cutting board..

I realize most anyone who's been around RV's would have heard of these things and probably even has one...passing this along for the newcomers who look at the kitchen, scratching their head and asking 'where will the coffee maker fit?'

err a link to what you have would be useful;)

They were describing this and yes very useful upgrade ----->

Link

Camco 43704 Decor Mate Stove Topper (Black)

We went that route, stays in place and easily removed when needed, adds counter space, matches my oven/stove top, etc.....

Other easy relatively cheap upgrades, we found useful:

Pizza Stone in Oven to help with Oven performance

Oxygenics shower head:
Oxygenics

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
C.B. wrote:
trailernovice wrote:
scratching their head and asking 'where will the coffee maker fit?'

That's exactly what I was doing :h.

Coffee maker took valuable counter space.

Until I did this.

Put water in top and slid up to storing position.

It's held up by an arm under shelf

C.B.

Now this is really using your head. Excellent job!
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide