cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The continuing Saga waiting for my new Ram 3500

invstr55
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure what is happening with one ton Ram production but I know that my estimated ship date is today, the problem is that they have not started building it yet. Like so many others mine has gone from status D to D1 then back to C which was explained to me to be a soft scheduled status.. Sure would like my new truck.
On the bright side my F-350 is still running very well and B&W has not released the new hitch for the new Ram so I would not be able to use it yet even if it was here..
Would like to hear when anyone actually sees a 2013 Ram 3500 at a dealership.
2015 DRV Fullhouse
2015 Breakout
2015 Spyder Limited
2015 F350hd Dually
390 REPLIES 390

spud57
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
spud57 wrote:
Saw a news story regarding quality issues with the Ram truck when they go thru the quality inspection. Maybe this has put the production back.

Also in the same story, the union is protesting some shift changes. Hmm wonder if they're related?

That would be Warren Truck in Mich not the Saltillo Mexico plant.

Better to work out the bugs then just ship out trucks a customer will have a problem with.

Thanks for clarification and civilized answer.
2008 F250 XLT 4x4 SC LB V10
2010 Outback 321FRL 5th wheel

spud57
Explorer
Explorer
jody h wrote:
spud57 wrote:
lbrjet wrote:
spud57 wrote:
Saw a news story regarding quality issues with the Ram truck when they go thru the quality inspection. Maybe this has put the production back.

Also in the same story, the union is protesting some shift changes. Hmm wonder if they're related?

If you actually read the article you would see it was for 1500 trucks.

Nice. How would you know what article I read? You are assuming I "actually" read the same article as you.

Then post a link about quality issues about the HDs.

Where did I say HD trucks???? I said Ram trucks!!! I also said "maybe this has put back production". If I was incorrect in my recollection of the story then there are certainly better ways to respond to my post than with these type of rude remarks.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
spud57 wrote:

That would be Warren Truck in Mich not the Saltillo Mexico plant.

Better to work out the bugs then just ship out trucks a customer will have a problem with.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder if the other two have the same issue, but nobody tells? Just wondering.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
spud57 wrote:
lbrjet wrote:
spud57 wrote:

Nice. How would you know what article I read? You are assuming I "actually" read the same article as you.

Then post a link about quality issues about the HDs.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Megacab
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

spud57
Explorer
Explorer
lbrjet wrote:
spud57 wrote:

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
The 2013 3500 Dually's didn't go into production until the 25th of February. Don't know what's happening with them at this time, but again, they haven't been in production very long...
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Over on the Cummins forum it seems like the 3500's with the Laramie trim is the one being delayed. IDK for sure, just repeating what said over there.

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
spud57 wrote:

If you actually read the article you would see it was for 1500 trucks. The first run on a newly retooled line. Some Dodge haters on this forum are spinning the article to be more than it is.

My guess is that the demand for this new truck is better than expected and that is causing the delay.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
spud57 wrote:

If your talking about that story from the Detroit Freepress it was about a plant in or near Detroit. Ram HD plant is in Mexico.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

invstr55
Explorer
Explorer
jack0351 wrote:
I'm in roughly the same boat. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, and mine has not changed status from "production scheduled".

in more ways than one, own a voltage, a harley, a f-350 and waiting for a Ram...
2015 DRV Fullhouse
2015 Breakout
2015 Spyder Limited
2015 F350hd Dually

jack0351
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in roughly the same boat. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, and mine has not changed status from "production scheduled".
2013 Ram 3500 CCLB DRW 6.7 w/Aisin
2012 Dutchmen Voltage V3600 Toyhauler
2000 Harley FXST

spud57
Explorer
Explorer

invstr55
Explorer
Explorer
ordered in mid January..the day after pricing was released to the Dealers.
2015 DRV Fullhouse
2015 Breakout
2015 Spyder Limited
2015 F350hd Dually

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
So how long you been waiting?