cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Those with dogs

davisenvy
Explorer
Explorer
Those that camp with dogs that allow them to pee/poo behind my camp site and bark at 6am. Please forgive me if I relieve myself behind your campsite and blair my music all night. $100/night doesn't weed out the inconsiderate ones evidently. Sorry for the rant. I try hard to respect others, especially while camping.:(
2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT,4x4,Crew, Duramax EFI Live
2013 StarCraft Autumn Ridge
31 REPLIES 31

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Major Dad wrote:

As far as to whom my previous post was addressing, I used the second person plural as a generality, addressing only that behavior. I sincerely apologize if anyone thought I was addressing them personally.
I know who you were referring to - appreciate your comments. Hooked a real big fish - didn't I? ๐Ÿ˜›
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect the OP doesn't realize that virtually nobody who posts on this forum is going to admit to letting their dogs run loose at CG's and have no interest in picking up after them.

Many RV's are sold because they are a very pet-friendly way to travel. It is a huge part of why we own one, and I have a vested interest in keeping as many facilities pet-friendly as possible.

I've owned quiet dogs since 1990. And even it if makes me look like a dork, I wear a fanny pack everywhere I go with my dog so I have poop bags available.

We camped for 2 nights this past weekend and between our 3 dogs there was exactly 1 sound from them anyone else could have heard. Me yelling at un-tethered pups making their way towards us on our walks was another issue. But I'm still glad I had my furkids with us all weekend.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

davisenvy
Explorer
Explorer
Major Dad, you sound like my kind of guy. I wish more were like you. No sarcasm intended. Too many selfish people.

Sondy132001
Explorer
Explorer
I've only been to CG's in the winter and been pretty much the only camper, I prefer this and I have 4 little Chi's and even by ourselves I'd always clean up after them, people who don't do it at CG's don't do it at home either, they are lazy @$$holes ๐Ÿ˜‰

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
I personally prefer to get drunk and party loud all night AND have my dogs poop and bark. Helps weed out the old crotchety uptight crowd ๐Ÿ˜‰

Major_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
davisenvy wrote:
Who is the "you", you are referring to. If YOUR dog poops on my step there is no stereotype, it is a fact. Maybe I should point the finger at myself and lay news paper all over my campsite with a moist towelette so I won't offend anyone. Maybe I should use kleenex instead to avoid paper cuts.
Not sure I'm picking up what you're laying down Major.

My dogs are quiet, always tethered and attended when outside, and we always pick up after them. We never let our kids (back in the day) run through other campsites, and we taught them to be respectful of others. We never play our music loud, and we NEVER use the outside speakers. We never leave outside lights on except when we need to see something. Our campsites are always in better shape when we leave than when we arrived. Our parents took us camping and taught us to be considerate. Not everyone has the benefit of this upbringing, so I don't ruin my camping trips seething with anger about those who did not learn these lessons. None of us is without our faults.

As far as to whom my previous post was addressing, I used the second person plural as a generality, addressing only that behavior. I sincerely apologize if anyone thought I was addressing them personally.
2017 Thor Compass 23TR last RV
MV-1 Mobility ventures wheelchair van
DH+DW 36+ years
Millie the fawn brindle greyhound

davisenvy
Explorer
Explorer
Who is the "you", you are referring to. If YOUR dog poops on my step there is no stereotype, it is a fact. Maybe I should point the finger at myself and lay news paper all over my campsite with a moist towelette so I won't offend anyone. Maybe I should use kleenex instead to avoid paper cuts.
Not sure I'm picking up what you're laying down Major.

Major_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
So many people so quick to criticize and insult others. It strikes me that people have the tendency to stereotype other people when they've had bad experiences with people of the same demographic. Having lived and worked overseas, that seems to hold true regardless of culture. So if you want to judge ALL dog owners (or members of any race or ethnic group for that matter) based on the bad behavior of a few, you will end up disliking anyone who is not just like you. But as I tell my teenage students, when you constantly point the finger of blame at others there are always three of your fingers pointing back at yourself.
2017 Thor Compass 23TR last RV
MV-1 Mobility ventures wheelchair van
DH+DW 36+ years
Millie the fawn brindle greyhound

davisenvy
Explorer
Explorer
I do not playy outside speakers in fear of offending someone. I have 3 kids and there's no screaming or hollering across the campground/resort. We are close neighbors so respect is important. The offenders were gone the next morning, so I didn't notify the front desk.....until the new neighbors dog came over and was steeling food of our table while we were eating. I picked the dog up to return it and was met with "don't touch my dog". It was a cute dog, but it wasn't mine. I'm tired of being the bad guy if I don't let people have what they want from me.
Remember Robert Frosts Mending Wall. Good fences make good neighbors.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
blacktop wrote:
Find out who the perp is, put the offending evidence, (****) in a paper bag, then place it on his metal steps, light the bag on fire, knock on the door and quietly sneak away. When he comes out and sees the fire he will attempt to stomp it out. Hopefully, barefooted.

I hope you are kidding. As fast as an RV will burn to the ground, it might be considered attempted murder.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
blacktop wrote:
Find out who the perp is, put the offending evidence, (****) in a paper bag, then place it on his metal steps, light the bag on fire, knock on the door and quietly sneak away. When he comes out and sees the fire he will attempt to stomp it out. Hopefully, barefooted.

UNBELIEVABLE :E

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
davisenvy wrote:
Those that camp with dogs that allow them to pee/poo behind my camp site and bark at 6am. Please forgive me if I relieve myself behind your campsite and blair my music all night. $100/night doesn't weed out the inconsiderate ones evidently. Sorry for the rant. I try hard to respect others, especially while camping.:(

If you catch either of our dogs peeing behind your RV at any time please call 911 as we are probably dead inside. However, if you catch them doing #2 behind your RV let me know immediately. They have been well trained and they know that if anyone blasts their music behind our RV at night they are supposed to poop on your top step.

Try respecting responsible owners here and next time you go sniffing behind your campsite tell the owner/manager. It will make everyone happy.
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ranting here is like preaching to the choir.......or at least I would hope it is!!

Inconsiderate dog owners are everywhere.....CGs, grocery stores, restaurants, retail stores etc.

I usually YELL at them if they do things like you mentioned. Spray them with my garden hose if I can get to it in time
SERIOUSLY!

They do it cause they rarely get called on it.......same way bullies act.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

blacktop
Explorer
Explorer