cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Timbren SES...opinions???

DarbyWalters
Explorer
Explorer
Any feedback on the Timbren SES setup. I know it just replaces the stock rear bumpstops with something a bit heavier duty. Thought about a Hellwig rear sway bar in conjunction with a Timbren SES might be a good setup for a Ford F150 4X4 and a Bumper Pull TT. The combo pulls very well as it is but wondering if this combo might be even better. Total weight for truck, trailer, people and gear is ~ 13,700.
Truck GVWR is 7600. Truck with two and gear is 6450. Tongue weight is 925. Trailer (empty tanks) with gear is 7250.

2012 Ford F150 4x4 Ecoboost...2015 Jayco White Hawk 29REKS.
13 REPLIES 13

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
I have no experience with the timbrens, but the OP mentioned hellwig anti-roll bar. I installed one on my Nissan, and it made a very nice improvement in handling empty, loaded or towing. Also bilstein 5100's are working well.

rsqem64
Explorer
Explorer
I changed my Shocks this weekend and the stock shocks were completely worthless. now my truck doesn't hit the timbrens when driving. So much better

silverfz
Explorer
Explorer
My setup is good but I get a little proposing . tundra with the wdh is setup good.looking for a little rear stability . will this help . mine is a 2008 with 100k .so will a rear shock shock be better.
2014 avenger 28 bhs
2008 Toyota tundra crew max
guarded by bear the mini dashound
running from payload police edition

301TBS
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same rough ride problem. I called them and they sent shorter frame brackets to give me more clearance when unloaded.. Made a huge difference.
2019 Springdale 240BH
2009 F150 Scab 4x4, 4.6, 3v. 6spd. 3.73/9.75
Reese dual cam

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
With good shocks and the prober gap, they should hardly ever touch when empty. Of course, the opposite is true when loaded.

rsqem64
Explorer
Explorer
I have them on my 07 F150 they work great when towing, only draw back I notice is hitting bigger bumps it does hit the timbrens and is a little jarring.
I am replacing the rear shock this weekend with an off-road style Fox shock so that could improve the quality with better dampening control.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
They worked fine on my Silverado 1500 but don't need them on my 2500HD. That's why I decided to sell them.

DarbyWalters
Explorer
Explorer
Thanx for the feedback...I don't see any drawbacks and the installation looks very simple.

301TBS
Explorer
Explorer
Love mine too. Their customer service is top notch.
2019 Springdale 240BH
2009 F150 Scab 4x4, 4.6, 3v. 6spd. 3.73/9.75
Reese dual cam

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
I like mine
Bill and Joey the dog

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very happy will Timbrens on my Tundra. I'm pulling about the same weight as you are. The Timbren actually acts in a way as an additional spring and also a bumpstop. Simple install too.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Big_Love
Explorer
Explorer
I like Timbrens in that they do not affect stock ride when unloaded but kick in only when needed for heavy loading. I also looked at airbags (pricey and can leak), supersprings, sumosprings and some other load assisting devices. For my F-250 and 6500 TT, Timbrens work great, were economical, and have no maintenance requirement.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
My opinion is that rear suspension aides often complicate WDH adjustment and mask overloaded rear axle weights. Spend $15 at a CAT scale to understand where you stand with respect to all your ratings as well as how well your WDH is adjusted before $150 on Timbrens.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)