cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing Boat with T.C.

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to hear what boat your towing with your TC set-up.Looking at a Lund Fury 14-16' or something compairable. .Looking to do more Trout/Walleye fishing on the road. What boat's making you a happy fisherman/lady.
31 REPLIES 31

finaddict
Explorer
Explorer
Sparky87k5 wrote:
finaddict wrote:
Here's my 23' Striper and old 9 1/2" Kit camper. The new camper (8'6" Alpenlite) is much lighter,Still I push 18,000 lb. GCVW fully loaded.

Sweet looking fishing boat, seems I've seen it at Ucluelet sometime back, eh?
Yes quite likely Sparky. I go there every year. Along with Kyuquot, my two favourite SW fishing grounds.

racedrvr
Explorer
Explorer
My Ranger. Picture taken in northwestern Ontario

Chevy Silverado LT EC 3500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison. Torque Lift/Fastguns, Torklift superhitch,
Honda eu2000i & Companion

Puma Unleashed 351THSS + Bigfoot 25C 9.4

Sparky87k5
Explorer
Explorer
finaddict wrote:
Here's my 23' Striper and old 9 1/2" Kit camper. The new camper (8'6" Alpenlite) is much lighter,Still I push 18,000 lb. GCVW fully loaded.

Sweet looking fishing boat, seems I've seen it at Ucluelet sometime back, eh?
2000 F350 Lariat LE V10 CC LB 4WD DRW
2005 Eagle Cap 850 Camper
1993 Robalo 2440 twin '07 Merc Optimax 150's
1978 Glasply 28' with twin 310hp V8's

realter
Explorer
Explorer
Rivets vs welded is similar to Ford vs Chevy. Airplanes have rivets and I've been in some awful old planes. Lunds are warrented forever, I believe, to the original owner. Crestliners are made in the same factory, and they are welded. they also have a lifetime warranty. In the midwest, Alumacraft are also very popular, and I think they are riveted also.
I have been considering a Lund Alaskan 1675, which is a little under 17' long. It has a flat floor--good for old mens knees--don't have to step up to the casting platform in the bow. I really want a Boston Whaler Montauk 15, but for some reason they are not popular in this part of the USA.

finaddict
Explorer
Explorer

That's enough Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ Sorry for the image size.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
186FNS Reinell lake boat- nice but 'lil heavy for long hauls

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

finaddict
Explorer
Explorer
K Mac wrote:
Sleekcrafter, I want to fish,I'm not too fond of flying. LOL.
Man that is one insane craft! I'd be terrified in it.

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Sleekcrafter, I want to fish,I'm not too fond of flying. LOL.

sleekcrafter
Explorer II
Explorer II

using 60" Torklift Supertruss hitch and extension
2001 7.3L F350 CC SB DRW BTS auto, Elkhorn 11X TC, 31 Jayco Designer, 1979 Belco Tunnel Dragster DragBoat

MTBob
Explorer
Explorer
I'm pulling a 17 ft. Lund, Fisherman.
Bob
2002 10-2000RR Northern Lite
2008 Chevy 3500 DMAX, SRW,
2001 Lund 1700 Fisherman

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Jetcraft with 4 Canon downriggers. This boat handles all types of water from lakes to the big blue.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bumpyroad wrote:
bobndot wrote:

If i was going to buy, i would research the diff. between welded and riveted boats . I have talked to some fishermen who told me they had some minor leaks and had to tighten up the rivets over time. I dont know if thats a good thing or not . Just something to look into .

I would never buy a riveted boat unless we are talking about a cheap jon boat style. nothing that gets pounded as leaking rivets suck.
bumpy

Tnx Bumpy , good to know . From what i have been reading, welded is more expensive but the users of them stated the same as you mentioned. A pounding sea needs something more solid than a rivet.
I think the metal needs to be heavier on a welded unit . I guess to some owners that would matter when towing with a truck camper.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Mighty Common in this part of the world