cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

trailor qaulity

ziffell
Explorer
Explorer
In the grand scheme of things, where does the Keystone Springdale fit in the "quality level". Good, bad, or otherwise, Considering one. Thanks Ziffell
18 REPLIES 18

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
TTs are built differently depending on the brand....some with aluminum studs and the smooth exterior, others with wooden studs and usually have the corrugated style siding. If you can check online, many manufacturers show a rough idea in their brochure of how their trailer is constructed.

Absolutely agree that you can, by luck of the draw, end up with a lemon from a company that normally turns out a great product. Frequent, routine maintenance is crucial no matter what you decide on.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
Unlike the auto industry, RV's don't share the same quality control. You can get a lemon among other trailers on the same line that will have
few issues. I owned a Keystone Cougar 5h wh, '09, that had a few minor problems; sewer handle unglued itself, front jack became unbolted, the blow up mattress in the coach was garbage, but that was it. Structurally, they all share the same basic technology subject to human error.

Crawfordville
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely agree with handye9. That is why I always recommend one that you really like the style, look and layout of.

Good Luck

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends on who you are talking to. You'll hear things from junk to best there ever was. They are all built pretty much the same. They all have their issues here and there.

You can't even listen to salespeople regarding quality. While trailer shopping, a few years back, I was at a Starcraft dealer. I mentioned, I was comparing their unit with a Flagstaff, at another dealer. The salesman said "don't buy that Flagstaff, they're junk". Three years later, I was shopping again. I went back to the dealership where I had purchased the Starcraft. I talked to the same salesman (he didn't remember me) who was now selling Flagstaff trailers. He said Flagstaff is the best trailer out there.

The key is how they are maintained. Buy a high end unit, ignore the routine maintenance, and in a short period of time, you have an expensive piece of junk. Buy an entry level unit, maintaind it well, and in the same period of time, you have a nice entry level unit.

Some roads are rougher than others. When you drag these things down the road at 65 mph, things are going to come apart, doesn't matter who put it together.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)