Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Truck camper meet-up at Overland Expo, Flagstaff, May

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone,

This has been hinted at a few times already, but here is the official invitation.

Overland Expo 2013 is being held at Mormon Lake, near Flagstaff, AZ from May 17 to 19.

I want to organise a truck-camper meet-up at the show. Last year we attended the European equivalent of this show in Germany and as well as being a fascinating show in its own right, it was great to see and spend time with the thousands of travellers with varied campers and overland vehicles that turned up and camped. So this year I think it would be great to have a truck camper meet-up in AZ.

Unfortunately we cannot bring our little truck camper along, since it is 5000 miles and an ocean away, but Sally and I will be coming in a rental B class camper we are picking up in Denver.

I've been talking to the show organisers and they have a basic camping field (no hook-up, but being TC owners I think we can cope with that :)) for $10 per night. They said they would love to have us come with our TCs and will set aside an area especially for us :B

I've been talking to a few of you already and so I know we've got a few takers, but I'd like to know who else would like to come. I'm not saying you need to commit 100% now, but I'd like to get an idea of the numbers involved so the show organisers know what size of area to set aside for us.

Hope to see you all in May to circle the wagons and get out the barbecues,

Steve & Sally.

'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2
110 REPLIES 110

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
~DJ~ wrote:
Where are you guys getting the passes?

On the internet.

http://www.overlandexpo.com/
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1988 Avion Triple Axle Trailer
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
~DJ~ wrote:

http://www.overlandexpo.com/register/
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Hodag1
Explorer
Explorer
We plan to be there. 4 days travel each way from Pennsylvania.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
I already purchased the 3 day family "day" pass. I'm looking forward to the event. I hope to see some of the folks with their Avions.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone.

Given the limited camping space allocated to us we are probably up to the numbers can manage now (though or course anyone can turn up and find themselves a space in the rest of the campground if available), but PM me if you haven't already responded and you are really keen to come - I've just got to think about space.

Shortly I'll send a group email out to the those who've responded so far. If you have you should have received a PM from me yesterday (or an email if you are someone I communicate with personally already - you know who you are :)).

Cheers,

Steve.
'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

River_Sand
Explorer
Explorer
67avion wrote:
We are still making plans to meet up at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff May 17. I hope we get a great turnout of TC owners, especially the Avions.

We are planning to be there. I would love to see some of the Avions, been glued to those threads (pun intended) LOL.

You mean we have to wash our rigs?
River&Sand
05 Chev Ext.Cab K3500, Dmax/Alli, DRW, Reese Signature 18k, HappiJac, Jordan 2020
05 Lance 920 Truck Camper
06 Weekend Warrior LE3305, 5th Airborne, Dexter E-Z Flex ๐Ÿ˜„
01 HighJumper SandSprite 3 Dune Buggy :E

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
WOW, not sure how I missed this thread.

I've been to OX the last two years as an exhibitor.

If I go this year, my plan is to take one or more of my motorcycles, the dually and the AF, and explore the area and partake in the motorcycling activities.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

dadwolf2
Explorer
Explorer
jefe 4x4 wrote:

Wait! We're not going to drive on any dirt, are we? I don't want to despoil my Armor-alled tires... as always, jefe

Jefe, You don't secretly drive a Hummer when we aren't looking do you? :B

Just bought our day passes last night. Now that Jefe is going, looks like I'll have to wash my truck! ๐Ÿ˜‰
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,4X4,NV5600
2014 Adventurer 86FB

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are still making plans to meet up at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff May 17. I hope we get a great turnout of TC owners, especially the Avions.

69_Avion
Explorer
Explorer
You folks are really going to like the weather in Flagstaff that time of year. With my luck it will rain all weekend. LOL
Normally the weather is real nice.
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1969 Avion C-11 Camper

pappawheely
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning to attend. I have family in Flagstaff but wouldn't you know, they will be out of town. I may just stop in and raid the fridge.
Going Nowhere

Virgil_Diesel
Explorer
Explorer
Subscribed! Coming if my work schedule allows.
2006 Chevy Silverado HD2500/DA/CC/SB/Pullrite Superglide 16k
2009 Jayco Superlite 31.5FBHS
2006 Lance Lite 845
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Rubicon 0337/1000
2013 18' Carson Flat bed 10k gvw trailer 16" 8 lug wheels

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
Steve,

Plans are firming up for our trip to "Flag". Thanks for going to the trouble to corral this bunch.

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Steve,
What a bloody good idea! I have been wanting to go to the Expo meet for some years but the timing has never worked out. This year it does. Now the only thing I need to do is implement all those upgrades I've been talk, talk, talking about forever. It's kind of like cleaning the house before company arrives.
It is a great time of year to be around Flag. (what the locals call Flagstaff)
As of now, I'm planning on being there and putting faces with signatures.
You'll immediately recognize me as I'm the one with the white truck camper 8<)
Wait! We're not going to drive on any dirt, are we? I don't want to despoil my Armor-alled tires.
We are looking forward to the meet and campout.
regards, as always, jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar