cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Truck Recalls

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
How do you know what truck to buy? Just heard the there are more recalls. Now on the newer Rams.
10 REPLIES 10

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Ignore all recalls, surveys and personal opinions and buy what appeals to you and will serve your needs the best.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

UsualSuspect
Explorer
Explorer
tomkaren13 wrote:
How do you know what truck to buy? Just heard the there are more recalls. Now on the newer Rams.

No truck is perfect, seems like they all have a recalls. Test drive the ones you like, and buy the one you like, not the one everyone else likes, it is your hard earned dollars, and you have to drive it.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E Cat C7 350 HP
2007 Chev 2500HD D/A Long bed CC (Yes, it is my TOAD :B)
2011 Toyota Tundra
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Backup towed)
Gone but not forgotten, 2008 Jayco 299 RLS

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ductape wrote:
If you're going to choose based on polling, then the only choice is Ford. #1 in sales for a long time.

Who's bringing the popcorn?

What does polling have to with recalls???

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
If you're going to choose based on polling, then the only choice is Ford. #1 in sales for a long time.

Who's bringing the popcorn?
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Been going on a long time.. I have a 1964 Thunderbird that had a recall back in the day.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
What brand has not had recalls? Every vehicle I've owned, and I've owned Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Toyota, and Infinity has had recalls. I agree with above that recalls are not a sign of quality. Recalls are often due to a supply of faulty parts that the auto maker does not make and they often hit a spectrum of brands for the same mfg of the part.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Jack_Diane_Freedom wrote:
Recalls are TOTALLY and indicator of quality and reliability. If a vehicle is recalled because of a faulty brake or fuel system that is certainly quality and reliability.

Nope, not in any way - and JD power does not issue their rankings based on recalls.
Want proof? Do you think Mercedes, BMW, Honda and Lexus are high quality?
They've all had their share of recalls.

And as was said before, you can't buy a brand of truck that hasn't had numerous recalls.

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Recalls are TOTALLY and indicator of quality and reliability. If a vehicle is recalled because of a faulty brake or fuel system that is certainly quality and reliability.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
If you are waiting to buy a truck or car model that has not had a recall at some point you may want to consider riding a bike ๐Ÿ™‚

I would not let that impact your purchasing decision too much.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Recalls don't really mean much for the most part. They are generally not a indicator of quality or reliability
I would not let that sway what vehicle I buy.