cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT performed well on first trip, as did TV

maroua
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed our first trip with our new set-up this weekend. 200 miles each way from Wake Forest, NC to Williamsburg, VA.

The RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi/3.92 axle pulled beautifully. Very stable with Equalizer hitch. No significant sway. Plenty of power. 12.5 mpg on the way out, 11 mpg on the way back with more uphill stretches.

Spree LX 280 RLS set up very quickly. All systems seemed to be working fine. Fresh water tank access from awning side of trailer will take some getting used to, so will the awkward placement of the low point drain. All else is where you would expect it to be.
Still working out the best use of storage spaces.

We selected the layout based on anticipating being two of us most of the time. However, the way the weekend turned out, we had a total of six sleeping in the trailer for two nights. Seating areas converted readily into add'l beds. And it did not feel crammed. Seating space during the day is generous, and there are LOTS of windows. Having two separate doors also is a huge plus, for access, and for air circulation.

Only other item that will take some getting used to is having to at least partially run the slide out during loading and unloading and for bathroom access during rest stops.

Highly recommend American Heritage RV Park near Williamsburg, VA.
Few extra dollars for premium site are a great investment, one of the nicest sites we have ever had.
2014 Dodge RAM 1500 Bighorn 5.7 Hemi, 3.92 axle
2014 KZ Spree LX 280 RLS

"Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." -
-- Lao Tzu
11 REPLIES 11

3_acat
Explorer
Explorer
Gee, I did post the other day but don't see it.
The software was to do with with some kind of communication hub.
All is good after update.
2014 Ram 1500 QC,SXT package, 4x4, 3.92, Hemi and back-up camera, OME brake controllor, 121 L gas tank &&
2011 KZ Sportsmen S261RK
Champ 4000/3000 gen.

maroua
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of software upgrade? Let me know how it goes ...
2014 KZ Spree LX 280 RLS

"Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." -
-- Lao Tzu

3_acat
Explorer
Explorer
well back after long weekend & first trip with new truck.
All worked great and love the built in brake controller.
I did think it was looking for gears more on the trip home-maybe more up hill, yes I did have it in tow/haul.
Will be at the dealer on Friday for an update to some software.
2014 Ram 1500 QC,SXT package, 4x4, 3.92, Hemi and back-up camera, OME brake controllor, 121 L gas tank &&
2011 KZ Sportsmen S261RK
Champ 4000/3000 gen.

maroua
Explorer
Explorer
Best wishes, have a great weekend!
2014 KZ Spree LX 280 RLS

-- Lao Tzu

3_acat
Explorer
Explorer
Nice to hear all went well. This weekend will be the first tow with our 2014 Ram and same specs as yours but an SXT package.
2011 KZ Sportsmen S261RK
Champ 4000/3000 gen.

cyberiankhatru
Explorer
Explorer
hey neighbor...we're in Youngsville. glad you had a great trip!

MM49
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen several of the 1500 Rams pulling new LW 28-30' trailers from a dealer down from my employer. The new Ram's look quite happy pulling these new trailers.
MM49

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like it is all working well for you. Hope you have many more good trips. Happy camping!
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear that your trip went ok. Will you be upgrading soon to a larger trailer now that it looks like more than 2 will be travelling ?

We are so happy with out TT in the fact that with the slide in we can use everything with ease. The two of us can pass each other with no problem when slide is in. If we ever trade, this fact will be a major issue.

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you had a very nice trip! Here's to many more.
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good trip, good times, 11-12 mpg. What's not to like.

Hope you have many more.

Enjoy the ride.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.