Did you mean: 

Two new aero trailers

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Saw the new Airstream Basecamp at the Pomona CA RV show:

https://www.airstream.com/travel-trailers/basecamp/

Also just got an email regarding the Bowlus Road Chief:

https://mrvthebuzz.mobilerving.com/industry-edge/tech-trends/a-futuristic-creation-bowlus-road-chief?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MobileRVing%20Newsletter&utm_content=MRV+Newsletter+11-28-16

So if you need very light weight and low drag, here are at least two ideas.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.
17 REPLIES 17

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
OK, let me think. I got a spare 1/4 mil laying around. Do I want one of these 23' trailers or a 40' Allegro Bus DP motorhome. See you guys on the motorhome page. 🙂
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google image search on the image, second or third hit was a page talking about it.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
afidel wrote:
Thom02099 wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
This one is an old-school design, from back in the 1940's or so. Talk about a "retro" look! Wonder what one of those 10 year only RV parks would say if someone pulled in with one of these new puppies! I like it! Glad to see it coming back. Hope it's successful.

The web page calls it "futuristic". Funny, how it was futuristic in 1935, but somehow lost it's appeal. Wonder if it's still really "futuristic". It just goes to show you, hang on to your old stuff, eventually it will be popular again!

Edit: A little Google Searching: How about a 1935 Bowlus Road Chief:

It looks right behind that car. Don't think the Bowlus would look quite as charming behind a modern SUV.

Is that a Jaguar pulling it? Sure looks like a Jaguar from the B pillar forward.

1937 Tatra 87, Czech car, rear 3L v8 good for 86HP and 100MPH.

Thanks, I am wonder how you happen to know this ?

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thom02099 wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
This one is an old-school design, from back in the 1940's or so. Talk about a "retro" look! Wonder what one of those 10 year only RV parks would say if someone pulled in with one of these new puppies! I like it! Glad to see it coming back. Hope it's successful.

The web page calls it "futuristic". Funny, how it was futuristic in 1935, but somehow lost it's appeal. Wonder if it's still really "futuristic". It just goes to show you, hang on to your old stuff, eventually it will be popular again!

It looks right behind that car. Don't think the Bowlus would look quite as charming behind a modern SUV.

Is that a Jaguar pulling it? Sure looks like a Jaguar from the B pillar forward.

1937 Tatra 87, Czech car, rear 3L v8 good for 86HP and 100MPH.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like both of them . They would work OK for me.

Of course if I could afford something like them then I could afford something that would work even better for me. lol

Community Alumni
Not applicable
RedRocket204 wrote:
Bowlus, small travel trailer, BIG price. They do look cool though.

On The Road edition - $137,000
Road Chief Limited Edition Lithium+ comes complete at $219,000

http://www.bowlusroadchief.com/

You know when you laugh so much that your stomach muscles start to hurt. That's what the price tag has done to me.:B

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
That Bowlus is amazing. No, I wouldn't buy one either. But still, that is one aerodynamic trailer.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like the interior of the Bowlus but it would require a old car to look right.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
toedtoes wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:

2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
Bowlus is neat looking but NO Way would I pay 200K for that.

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
That old Bowlus looks like somebody flipped their canoe over and put windows in it.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Bowlus, small travel trailer, BIG price. They do look cool though.

On The Road edition - $137,000
Road Chief Limited Edition Lithium+ comes complete at $219,000

http://www.bowlusroadchief.com/
I love me some land yachting

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
DutchmenSport wrote:

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Fubeca
Explorer
Explorer
I like them both! The A/C kills the aero on the Airstream - but it is cool that a few manufacturers are thinking about these things!